X-men Phoenix Warsong Discussion *Spoilers*

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Issue 2 was freakin awesome.

The cuckoos are a product of the Weapon Plus program. And it looks like there a re a lot more of them.

It's nice to see some more of Morrison's elements back.

Umm... I really liked Pheonix: Endsong, and I love the characters of the Cuckoos...

But I'm not diggin' them being built in "The World" by the Weapon Plus Program.

It seems to be using up all of the morrison concepts in a way that ties them off and severs them from the rest of the X-Universe...

Hopefully the Ultimate Cuckoos will be mutants...

I think as of issue two, this is dropped.

Also: I think there was a thread on this already.

Also: I think there was a thread on this already.

There was. I could've sworn I made it....but I think I made it at the time of The Great Reboot......so it was probably deleted.

But right now I don't know how I feel about this book. I mean we're only 2 issues in so there is a chance that it could be saved.......but right now it looks like they should've ended it with Endsong.

Warsong isn't bad per se.....but it's just that it brings back the whole Phoenix thing which I wish would just die already.

Warsong isn't bad per se.....but it's just that it brings back the whole Phoenix thing which I wish would just die already.

The definition of the Phoenix is that it dies and comes back. It will never go away for good. :D

The first issue was a little off, but #2 was and improvement. At the very least, I'll keep reading it. The development with the Cukoos is interesting as is the dynamic between Scott and Emma. At least it's not another cookie-cutter boring X-story (so far).

The definition of the Phoenix is that it dies and comes back. It will never go away for good. :D

Yeah.....I hate that part. Stupid sexy logic.

I think Cuckoos character has to be one of the best characters out there now. I'm just glad that they're doing something with them.

That droid line in #1 was great.

I really enjoyed that last issue. I like the idea that the Cuckoos were "created" by John Sublime. I'll definitely keep this on my pull for another two issue at least. My personal theory for origins of the Cuckoos is that the part of Jean Grey's genetic code that corresponds to the Phoenix was spliced into the Cuckoos.

Endsong was great. This looks like the Ultimate Iron Man version of Endsong.

I really enjoyed that last issue. I like the idea that the Cuckoos were "created" by John Sublime.

Technically it wasn't John Sublime, it was just Sublime. John Sublime was created by Sublime. He was just another tool.

I totally forgot that Morrison labeled them as Weapon XIV in the last issue of Here Comes Tomorrow... Now I'm a little more forgiving of the idea as it leaves the characters as they were intended...

But the writing leaves much to be desired. I'll listen to what you folks have to say, and maybe i'll pick up the trade.

Very awesome issue.

I love all the craziness that is going on.

The best part of the issue was Wolverine trying to kill Celeste. Scenes like that make the issue.

It was surpising that all of them were grown from Emma's eggs.

But it's easy to see the connectionl.

I hate the art but the writing isn't too bad. At least it has kept me interested, and maybe even moreso than Endsong.

The plot is a little kooky though.

Latest posts

Back