X-Men:The 198 Files (Discussion/Spoilers)

MaxwellSmart

So, I went down to my comic shop planning to get the X-Men:The 198 Files. I had X-Men:The 198 on my pull list, so I assumed the Files would also be on my pull. Long story short, the guy who own my local comic book shop got left with a bunch of 2004 Wolverine Handbook and ever since then he only orders like ten of each. Then, he makes every one else who was expecting one get on a waiting list.

Now the point of this thread. What did everyone think of it and was it just a compilation of bios on the more obscure mutants featured in X-Men:The 198(like The Most Wanted Files)? I'm going to buy it anyway because I buy all of these handbook things, but I still wanted to know if it was any good.

I got it. It's kind of crappy. It lists the mutants (I assume all 198 of them), tells a little about them and their powers, then has some kind of threat assessment which I didn't understand and didn't see explained anywhere (threat against what?).

It's basically just another handbook but with a lot less informaion on a lot more characters.

UltimateE said:
I got it. It's kind of crappy. It lists the mutants (I assume all 198 of them), tells a little about them and their powers, then has some kind of threat assessment which I didn't understand and didn't see explained anywhere (threat against what?).

It's basically just another handbook but with a lot less informaion on a lot more characters.
Agreed. I didn't even know that it was a threat level at first.

Since I just flipped through it... I hate to ask but could someone name them... I'm actually looking for Daredevil characters. Owl, Bushwacker, and some none DD just for kicks.

They talk a little bit about the "threats" facing the remaining mutants in X-Men. The general idea is anti-mutant groups think of this as the perfect opportunity totally wipeout mutants for good and Xavier's is the perfect place to attack because there are so many mutants condensed together.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Since I just flipped through it... I hate to ask but could someone name them... I'm actually looking for Daredevil characters. Owl, Bushwacker, and some none DD just for kicks.
Why would you look for Daredevil characters in a mutant book? Anyways, this is about X-Men.

And yeah, just another handbook. But I'm glad Iceman is considered a high threat! I guess the threat means how dangerous they are.

i liked it
the threat level things is how much of a threat towards humans they would be if like a war or something broke out

I'm just glade some of my favorite new characters made it /lifeguard, ricochet
, bruiser,loa(automaticlly became a favorite cause she's from my home state),anole,pixie and the other students

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Mutants. Owl, Bushwacker
Bushwacker claimed to be a mutant in his last appearance. However this doesn't tally with earlier appearances, where his cyborg arm was surgically removed and we could see it was mechanical, suggesting he's either lying or delusional.

Stuart said:
Bushwacker claimed to be a mutant in his last appearance. However this doesn't tally with earlier appearances, where his cyborg arm was surgically removed and we could see it was mechanical, suggesting he's either lying or delusional.
Thanks for the clear up, 'specially since I don't know nothin' on Bushwacker.

icemastertron said:
Thanks for the clear up, 'specially since I don't know nothin' on Bushwacker.
I just re-read all his appearances a couple of months back.

Stuart said:
Fair enough. I guess that would mean his other arm was altered to then. But Owl is definitely a mutant. I can see why they wouldn't be considered important enough to be added. I was just wondering if he was or not considering my specific interests.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Fair enough. I guess that would mean his other arm was altered to then. But Owl is definitely a mutant. I can see why they wouldn't be considered important enough to be added. I was just wondering if he was or not considering my specific interests.

Yes, Bushwacker's other arm seems to have also been replaced with a cybernetic one, and his skin (on his torso at least) replaced with some sort of liquid plastic.

As for the Owl, he's supposedly a mutate, his flight powers coming from a serum he drank.

Latest posts

Back