Yanick Paquette to pencil Ultimate X-Men starting with #77

Click here to see the titles Paquette has/is working on.

One of them listed is CIVIL WAR:X-MEN, so grab what copies are out there & judge for yourself. :D

I think his artwork has been pretty decent & is worthy of an X-title

I dont mind his art on civil war: x-men all that much, except for the manga feel of some of the covers, its actually pretty good.

Vaughan back on this title would be great. Kirkman, though, does seem to have a very similar style... When he wants to. As soon as he gets the ball rolling with Cable, I don't doubt he'll be good at what he does.

I was looking thru my UXM Phoenix TPB and I can't tell the difference between Oliver and Raney.

Oooohhh...cold.

Oliver has a similar style to Oliver Coipel. Raney just plain sucks.

I like Ben Oliver, if that's who you're talking about.

I'm not sure who I'm talking about, I've never actually paid attention to who has been illustrating Kirkmans run. I thought the art was competent on the whole run, I dont see CW:XM's artist being a big step up or anything (but I havent read much of his stuff, especially not the Bulleteer).

And Doom: Liefield (if thats who you are talking about) and Bachalo are teh suck, I think we can agree on that. Unlike Bachalo though, the current UXM artist can actually present action in an intelligible manner,.

Next you will be telling me that JRJR is a decent artist.

I'm not sure who I'm talking about, I've never actually paid attention to who has been illustrating Kirkmans run.

Tom Raney did the "Date Night" and "Magical" arcs, and Oliver did the "Phoenix?" arc. Oliver's work looks like a cross between Coipel and Immonen.

I strongly dislike Raney's work (it ruined Ultimate Secret for me) but I like Ben Oliver (I haven't seen anything else by him).

I like Ben Oliver. He did Human on the Inside.

He's much better than Tom Raney.

I like Ben Oliver.

Meh. To me he's having problems drawing certain characters. Jean always looks like a dude in drag when he's drawing her.

He's much better than Tom Raney.

I'm just gonna go ahead and put this out there-----

I would rather read Kingdom Come rewritten by Bendis' kid and redrawn by Bachalo and Liefield alternating each page---than look at anything Raney has or will do.

Yeah......I said it.

Meh. To me he's having problems drawing certain characters. Jean always looks like a dude in drag when he's drawing her.
Yeah , I hate that.

I would rather read Kingdom Come rewritten by Bendis' kid and redrawn by Bachalo and Liefield alternating each page---than look at anything Raney has or will do.

Yeah......I said it.
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!
That burn is the alpha and the omega.

Last edited:

Yeah......I said it.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Neither one matches the artistic standard the Ultimate books have held, and their tone is wrong for the book.

VvD...that was one of the best things I've ever read.

Let's just throw Ron Lim onto the book & totally sink the title!!! :twisted:

Back when I used to think I wanted to be a comic book artist, I tried to emulate Ron Lim's style.

Maybe that's why I never got anywhere with that.

Latest posts

Back