10 best Video Game Icons.

I'd say it's pretty accurate, even the SIPs were about right. Although, even though Ms. Pac Man may have the better game, Pac Man is the more well known.

Also, I think Lara Croft is given too much credit. The definitive video game heroine is Samus, not Lara Croft.

Last edited:
that's a hard list to argue but i don't agree with Ms. Pac-Man, regular Pac-Man is much more well known

i have the inkling too not agree with Kratos/Mast Cheif/Morgan Freeman because they are (IMO) are too new to be considered "Icons" where is Megaman? Rayman? Bomberman? etc.

I'm just throwing this out there and it might be my severe Mortal Kombat bias but I'm a little surprised that either Scorpion or Sub-Zero weren't on that list. it's understandable seeing that they are nowhere near as popular as they once where but they were iconic figure's in the video game industry for a number of years. But Seeing that Ryu & Ken were listed as a duo and just barely made it on the list (I'm assuming it is ranked 1-10) i guess it would make sense that they would be cut.

that's a hard list to argue but i don't agree with Ms. Pac-Man, regular Pac-Man is much more well known

i have the inkling too not agree with Kratos/Mast Cheif/Morgan Freeman because they are (IMO) are too new to be considered "Icons" where is Megaman? Rayman? Bomberman? etc.

I'm just throwing this out there and it might be my severe Mortal Kombat bias but I'm a little surprised that either Scorpion or Sub-Zero weren't on that list. it's understandable seeing that they are nowhere near as popular as they once where but they were iconic figure's in the video game industry for a number of years. But Seeing that Ryu & Ken were listed as a duo and just barely made it on the list (I'm assuming it is ranked 1-10) i guess it would make sense that they would be cut.

Rayman and Bomberman do not rate as Icons, Master Chief does, the other two are debatable.

Pfft, no way is "Rayman" more of an icon than Master Chief, in any sense of the word. He's one of the most recognizable fictional characters in the world right now when probably at least 60% of our generation has no idea who Megaman, Rayman or Bomberman are. My mom knows who Master Chief is. My grandparents would at least recognize him. He's also the first videogame character to ever become a wax statue at Madam Tussaude's Wax Museum. He's the definition of an icon.

It'd be like saying that Aquaman is more of a literary icon than Harry Potter(who's only been a big deal for a few years longer than Halo).

Last edited:
Pfft, no way is "Rayman" more of an icon than Master Chief, in any sense of the word. He's one of the most recognizable fictional characters in the world right now when probably at least 60% of our generation has no idea who Megaman, Rayman or Bomberman are. My mom knows who Master Chief is. My grandparents would at least recognize him. He's also the first videogame character to ever become a wax statue at Madam Tussaude's Wax Museum. He's the definition of an icon.

It'd be like saying that Aquaman is more of a literary icon than Harry Potter.

why do i even bother putting IMO in my posts? everyone just thinks i'm stating everything as fact

for the simpleton IMO means IN MY OPINION so planet-man calm down I'm not belittling your precious master chief, and don't get so god damned defensive, I'm not saying that he shouldn't be in i'm saying if i were too make this list i probably wouldn't include characters from post-PS2/XBOX/GAMECUBE generation games

It'd be like saying that Aquaman is more of a literary icon than Harry Potter(who's only been a big deal for a few years longer than Halo).

Actually he has a point, who know if twenty years from now if Master Chief or Kratos will be recognized as much as say Mario and Sonic. Its not something you can say is definite, sure they are a figure head of this generations of gaming, but icons last much longer. I think Master Chief has achieved that status, not so much Kratos or Morgan

why do i even bother putting IMO in my posts? everyone just thinks i'm stating everything as fact

for the simpleton IMO means IN MY OPINION so planet-man calm down I'm not belittling your precious master chief, and don't get so god damned defensive, I'm not saying that he shouldn't be in i'm saying if i were too make this list i probably wouldn't include characters from post-PS2/XBOX/GAMECUBE generation games

And you're telling me to calm down? What the hell's gotten into you?

Yeah, I know it's your opinion Gemini, but that doesn't mean the reasoning behind it isn't up for debate or discussion, which is... I dunno... kind of the the entire purpose of this or any other forum.

If you're that worried about people suggesting their own logic to contrast your opinions, don't post them. Otherwise, expect discussion. It's the same as if someone said "in my opinion scientists should make it so it never rains again". Opinion or not, the reasons behind it are up for debate.

And you're telling me to calm down? What the hell's gotten into you?

Yeah, I know it's your opinion Gemini, but that doesn't mean the reasoning behind it isn't up for debate or discussion, which is... I dunno... kind of the the entire purpose of this or any other forum.

If you're that worried about people suggesting their own logic to contrast your opinions, don't post them. Otherwise, expect discussion. It's the same as if someone said "in my opinion scientists should make it so it never rains again". Opinion or not, the reasons behind it are up for debate.

sorry i overreacted i've had a really ****ty day

you're not a simpleton, you're a Torontonian that's slightly better (i kid, i kid(

Last edited:
No were cool, this is a phot of us taken two weeks ago

Mckenzies2.jpg

Latest posts

Back