10 (& more) things about Mark Millar.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
LitG:

While Mark Millar is revelling in the humungously successful "Wanted" (first reviewed here), it's worth giving any news agencies reading some insight in to the mind behind the original comic.

1) Mark Millar attacks foxes in his garden in the early hours, using a remote controlled helicopter.

2) He bought a "Superman" movie prop cape, and threatened to eat it if his sales claims for "Civil War" weren't correct. They weren't. He didn't eat it.

3) He has had the habit of exaggerating a number of his achievements from the spectacular into the impossible, through a mixture of bad maths, sloppy journalism, and general puppy-like enthusiasm.

4) He buys drinks for other people without prompting, loves comics more than anyone in the world, and that love is infectious. Be warned, drink with Mark and you'll swear that "Ghost Rider" is ace.

5) He has already sold his next movie, "Kick ***," and the Matthew Vaughn/Jane Goldman movie will go into production well before the mini-series finishes. Millar remains a producer on the project.

6) He is gracious when people try out their Scottish accents on him and never corrects people when they mispronounce his name.

7) He appeared on Richard And Judy, but was silenced by Paul Gambaccinni. But does Paul have a super successful movie under his belt and more to come? No, no he doesn't.

8) He is engaged in a number of secret feuds with major comic book writers who have spread false gossip about him. However, he is now richer and more successful than any of them. Victory!

9) He once tried a moustache and regretted it.

10) He is currently thinking whether he can make a very successful career of writing the occasional high concept paragraph and getting people to make a film from it. He very probably could.

Last edited:
Re: 10 things about Mark Millar.

3) He has had the habit of exaggerating a number of his achievements from the spectacular into the impossible, through a mixture of bad maths, sloppy journalism, and general puppy-like enthusiasm.

I wonder how many millions of dollars Marvel lost on 1985...

I'm trying to think of ways to turn this into a parody of Chuck Norris Facts, but couldn't think of anything clever or interesting

They forgot to mention that he licks goats.

And doesn't he have one ball or something?

That's noteworthy.

Yes.

And his picture in Wizard used to have him in a bra.

Why doesn't he tell the news agencies that?

What is it that Mark Millar is trying to hide from us?

"I'm Grant Morrison and I approve this message."

THIS MESSAGE PAID FOR BY UNITED VOTERS FOR MORRISON.

He's cool. And he's kissed Grant Morrison.

Another thing should be added:

11.) Mark Millar loves to rile up Bendis whenever possible.

LitG:

Mark Millar's "War Heroes" tour keeps turning up odd signed items such as...

When will Bendis retaliate? When? When?

You can click on the image for a larger version.

Are he and Ellis friends or what (I recently read Nextwave BTW)?

I think they get on together, but I doubt they're "friends". I think they respect each other and their work and I believe Millar asked Ellis himself if he'd take over UFF after the initial 6 issue arc.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, Ellis picked a pre-fame Millar to replace him on The Authority and that was more a professional respect thing than any sense of BFF going on.

I thought this was interesting, from LitG:

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"I can look at America and see what's going on and sometimes you need that viewpoint. Maybe you're too close too see that you are sleepwalking towards fascism. You need a snotty European to come along and tell you this"

-Mark Millar

I thought this was interesting, from LitG:

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"I can look at America and see what's going on and sometimes you need that viewpoint. Maybe you're too close too see that you are sleepwalking towards fascism. You need a snotty European to come along and tell you this"

-Mark Millar

That has been true of the past 10 years.

Mark Millar be a crazy bastard, ya'll:

Millar-War.jpg

Millar announcement more work coming next year:

Mark Millar @ Millarworld.tv said:
In the latter half of 2009, I'm planning to kick off three new superhero things with the three biggest artists in the biz. But a new one struck me last night on the train home from Coatbridge to Glasgow. The WHOLE THING just came to me and I feel this could be the biggest of the lot.

More on this next Summer, but I just got home and scribbled everything down.

This is going to be massive. I can feel it in my adamantium bones.

Stay tuned,

MM

I doubt one of the artists is Hitch since he'll be doing Olympus with Millar.

It be Millar's birthday and all today, y'all.

Unfortunately for him, he's probably spending it in bed (he recently got out of the hospital again).

Latest posts

Back