2007 Ultimate Central Awards Discussion

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
I tried to post a comment on the thread TOG made announcing the winners.......but it said I don't have permission.

So instead I've made this thread to discuss the outcomes and whatnot (unless a mod wants to edit the thread so that we CAN make posts in there).

Anyways....I'm fairly happy with the outcome of most of the categories. There's a couple winners that shouldn't have won. But I attribute it to the fact that a lot of people voting might not have the same broad knowledge of comics as many of us do. Their lists might consist of only Marvel. Or maybe just Marvel and DC. They might not read Vertigo and thus not have any clue what Fables is....and inturn might not realize that Boy Blue kicked complete *** this year in the story.

And etc.....

No, there's no posting there because the forum was made that way. And it wouldn't be up to the mods.

This thread is good.

Good. Another valid Doom thread.

So yeah....Nick Fury should not have won Best Supporting Character. Hell....as far as I can remember---he wasn't even in the book last year!!! Although my mind might be a little hazy on that detail.

But Boy Blue should've won.

And Layla Miller was robbed!

Pfft, Nick Fury has done so much for marvel that will never see the light of day (blame bendis) and he still won. Victory!

Good. Another valid Doom thread.

So yeah....Nick Fury should not have won Best Supporting Character. Hell....as far as I can remember---he wasn't even in the book last year!!! Although my mind might be a little hazy on that detail.

But Boy Blue should've won.

And Layla Miller was robbed!

SHE WAS!

Pfft, Nick Fury has done so much for marvel that will never see the light of day (blame bendis) and he still won. Victory!

I don't even remember adding him.

I also think that Civil War shouldn't of won anything.

SHE WAS!

I also think that Civil War shouldn't of won anything.

FACT!

CW was good.....as a month to month "talking heads" story w/ big cliffhangers. But when you read it as a whole...the story falls flat except for a few key parts. It shouldn't have won best mini.

I was glad to see Fell win, but I was disappointed at the number of Marvel winners. Although...I don't know. Maybe it was justified. And it's not like we had a Planetary or something else to go with.

Extremis was good until the last issue, where a stupid twist was pulled. Without it, it would have been absolutely perfect.

Gods and Monsters was perfect.

You know what I'm pissed about?

That for the category of Best Scene/Moment ----we left out the scene where Bullseye is being wheeled thru Ryker's Island in Daredevil's "Devil In Cell Block C" arc. That should've been a nominee. It really should have.

Not only that....but it should've won.

I'm thinking back to those few pages and I get goosebumps. It was so awesomely chilling that I want to cry.

Last edited:
You know what I'm pissed about?

That for the category of Best Scene/Moment ----we left out the scene where Bullseye is being wheeled thru Ryker's Island in Daredevil's "Devil In Cell Block C" arc. That should've been a nominee. It really should have.

Not only that....but it should've won.

I'm thinking back to those few pages and I get goosebumps. It was so awesomely chilling that I want to cry.

I know I missed more than that too that should of been in there.

I got more chills when The Punisher surrendered himself.

Last edited:
Apparently, me and TOG are the only ones who care about this stuff.

And on a comic site. Shame on you all.

Oh yeah....and Ice.

The whole scene where Punisher escaped with Matt was great.

Looking back, there are a lot of things from that first DD arc by Brubaker that should have been up for voting. Especially considering Brubaker won best writer.

Latest posts

Back