52 Series Discussion (spoilers!)

Supernova is totally an Alternate future Booster Gold.
I want more space adventures! I want Animal Man... I hope Lobo doesnt kill him.
I still didnt understand how the Question pulled that off...

Zombipanda said:
Also, is this the same Question we know and love? The alias he's using now is Charlie. Is it a new fellow, or is it still Vic just being his paranoid self?

Victor Sage has always been a stage name, his birth name is Charles Victor Szasz... being a TV Reporter, he simplified it to make it more dynamic. Him becoming comfortable with his real name became synonomous with him becoming more comfortable with himself and everything.

I'm getting the feeling he's training Renee as well... But I wouldnt be surprised if he were to just retire to an advisor role while she took to the streets... I'd love to read a Renee/Vic comic.

The Booster Gold thing was surprising, and very intriguing... I don't think I buy the Alternate timeline Booster thing for Supernova, as originally Supernova was an alternate Superman costume, and Clark kept referring to the two of them as we...

Since EVERYTHING in 52 matters, who was the person that escaped (presumably) by taking the keys of the unconscious guard when Charlie and Renee escaped? Anyone got a clue?

Ultimate Warrior said:
Since EVERYTHING in 52 matters, who was the person that escaped (presumably) by taking the keys of the unconscious guard when Charlie and Renee escaped? Anyone got a clue?

I think is that little woman that Montoya saw before meeting with Charlie. But I dont know who she is.

he could be supernova. they said that booster gold is dead, but his history isn't in todays newsarama stuff. perhaps that robot (skids, right?) will go back into the future and bring back another booster gold, but before he was booster gold. And the two booster golds will be the thing messing up time.

Ultimate Houde said:
Another question, why supposingly kill Booster when his new history, or whatever they are calling those shows up in week 24.

I think, even if Booster's dead, the things he's done in the past are going to have a major effect on the future of the series, and understanding his past will help make sense of what's happening....

Or maybe DC did it to make us skeptical that they'd actually kill him.

Also, does anyone else find it incredibly suspicious that Supernova just made that monster DISAPPEAR?

There's something terribly wrong about that guy...

Last edited:
So Black Adam has a new wife, and it looks like he is softing up a little. Montoya and Charlie found out that Intergang was planning in attack the wedding, killing hundreds of people. So to spare lives, Montoya had to shoot a kid that was a suicide bomber.
And the Space Trio finally got out of the planet. Lobo next issue!

Possible Spoilers from JLA 1!
I dont know if the trio got to earth within the year or not, but in JLA 1 Wonder Woman say Buddy is still missing or maybe even dead.

yeah, the thought of that seriously bummed me out. though, if i recall correctly, starfire and adam strange haven't been shown one year later either, so they might be lost in space.

also, the question wasn't in Hub city, and someone might be using his name for ... ee-vil? of course, he could still be in Gotham... but why?

The Question hasn't operated in Hub City since the end of his Ongoing series in the late eighties/early nineties.

Its interesting that they've now placed his leaving the city at the top of One Year Later... That or they're implying that he returned to the city.

Or Meltzer didn't do his research

IS it just me, or did this feel like a particularly week issue?

While I recognize the Black Adam wedding was going to happen, it asn't particularly exciting.

And the terrorist attack seemed to come out of nowhere. I just don't see how Renee made that jump of logic that told her there would be a bombing at the wedding, and deducing the reasons behind the rat poison was a little bit of a stretch too.

Zombipanda said:
IS it just me, or did this feel like a particularly week issue?

While I recognize the Black Adam wedding was going to happen, it asn't particularly exciting.

And the terrorist attack seemed to come out of nowhere. I just don't see how Renee made that jump of logic that told her there would be a bombing at the wedding, and deducing the reasons behind the rat poison was a little bit of a stretch too.

Not only was this a weak issue.....but it was absurd. And what was with the total random page with Animal Man and the gang in space. It didn't fit it anywhere and it went nowhere.

And Renee's logic of rat poison/bomb-----worst thing I've read in comics in a long time.

Yeah, I need some more excitement. I'm getting kind of sick of that Kandaq (spelt right?) stuff. I want to see the space team, which I guess we'll see next time, with Lobo chasing them.

ProjectX2 said:
Yeah, I need some more excitement. I'm getting kind of sick of that Kandaq (spelt right?) stuff. I want to see the space team, which I guess we'll see next time, with Lobo chasing them.

I can't get enough of the Question and Renee. I just feel like they're treading a little bit of water right now. This issue seemed like filler, and in a comic with so many plots (and most of them being ignored) there shouldn't be ANY filler.

I'm totally looking forward to Lobo, though.

Latest posts

Back