6-page preview of Ultimate X-Men #59 up at Buzzscope

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Buzzscope has a 6 page preview of Ultimate X-Men #59 by Brian K. Vaughn & Stuart Immonen.

From the solicitation: Part 1 of 2 // Ultimate Wolverine makes his explosive return! Storm travels to the Great White North to find her missing friend, and the duo soon encounter a terrifying new threat, a classic Marvel villain making his Ultimate debut! 32 PGS. MARVEL PSR $2.25

See the preview at http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews.php?id=4148

Last edited:
Major spoiler? ULDS? I just woke up an hour ago, help a brotha out....

TheManWithoutFear said:
Buzzscope has a 4 page preview of Ultimate X-Men #59 by Brian K. Vaughn & Stuart Immonen.

From the solicitation: Part 1 of 2 // Ultimate Wolverine makes his explosive return! Storm travels to the Great White North to find her missing friend, and the duo soon encounter a terrifying new threat, a classic Marvel villain making his Ultimate debut! 32 PGS. MARVEL PSR $2.25

See the preview at http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews.php?id=4148

thanks for the link TMWF -- it's actually 6 page preview ;)

HOLY CRAP!!! These opening scenes just get better with each arc, don't they? I'm really gonna miss Vaughn's solo work, once he's off the book completely.

"Tempest" and "Cry Wolf" made me care about Wolvie and Storm in spite of prior biases, but I still felt like I was bing strung along. But this 6-page scene alone just cemented Ororo's position as a character i'm genuinely interested in (if not quite a 'natural' fave, yet).

Also, for such a character-defining scene, it was wonderfully dynamic and action-packed. Just perfect!

chanzero said:
thanks for the link TMWF -- it's actually 6 page preview ;)

My fault - the preview page only shows 4 of the pages inc. the cover. I edited the post before I read through the preview. Thanks for clarifying.

UltimateE said:
My fault - the preview page only shows 4 of the pages inc. the cover. I edited the post before I read through the preview. Thanks for clarifying.

What he said. When I created the thread the title was different.

So is everyone happy with what they see? I am. I agree that it looks like he's characterizing Storm over Wolverine. I love Vaughan, no seriously, I do....

A very interesting beginning and, yes, it does seem like he's going to focus on Storm rather than Wolverine, which is something that needs to be done. I think this is shaping up to be an interesting two issues and I can't wait to see more character defining moments for Storm... We haven't had any of those and Vaughan is doing a great job of giving characters character, which is always a good thing. Hopefully, the rest of the team won't get completely left out, though...

Also, Lady Deathstrike is now attached to Storm's life... Interesting... Maybe Lady Deathstrike and Wolverine were on the slab together at Weapon X and that's how they know each other... We'll see... I mean, she has to survive from that "little" accident. This is an extremely interesting turn of events and I can't wait to see more.

Why Why? Why?

The preview shows Yurkio is part of Storm's past. Every board who has seen this preview, someone has to suggest that maybe she's still connected to Wolverine... Why can't we just leave it alone. I know Logan's a popular character but don't you think these would be better:

A. Besides trying to FORCE Lady DeathStrike into Logan's past, wouldn't you rather see them explore his family that Scott and Sabertooth told him about. (this is probably what will come of Wolverine's character in this arc.)

B. Wait does anyone else think that they're keeping Wolverine's past hidden because Marvel might do a ULTIMATE WOLVERINE MINI :shock: that will explain all and show Wolverine in all of his glory... and this mini might just come out around the time of the Wolverine Spin-off movie....

This is thinking way back when, when Strom was first picked up by the Professor what was storm charged for? (the reason she was in jail?)

nigma said:
This is thinking way back when, when Strom was first picked up by the Professor what was storm charged for? (the reason she was in jail?)
Stole a car. Joyriding. Tried to use her powers to escape fom police pursuit.

Latest posts

Back