6-page preview of Ultimate X-Men #59 up at Buzzscope

First of all, Storm was charged with grand theft auto in another part of Texas... She's probably notorious for that sort of thing and it's evident in the preview that she's a novice, too, which was probably why she was brought in.

Also, through the preview, we got the idea that Yuri wasn't a mutant, so where might she be gettin her upgrade? The only possiblity that I see at this point is Weapon X scooping her off the road, saving her from being road kill, and creating her into a weapon contrable to their worst mistake, Logan. I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas... I would like to see her only connected to Storm right now, but you never know what's going on.

so this preview is taking place a little bit, maybe a year or two, before X picked storm up. still leaving the chance that ULDS had a past with Logan, but i hope they don't.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Why Why? Why?

The preview shows Yurkio is part of Storm's past. Every board who has seen this preview, someone has to suggest that maybe she's still connected to Wolverine...

Because they know that Wolverine is in the solits as being part of this arc.

Yes, and the story indicates that, with the location, that this will be a Wolverine story. Canadian mountains or even the northern most region of this continent is synonimous with Wolverine... That's why we all jumped on Wendigo to be the villain for the two parter.

Or you hope that she has nothing to do with Wolverine. Now, I completely agree with you that Deathstrike will likely stay exclusive to Storm's past, however, it may be the best thing to also have her tie into Wolverine's past (Or the entire X-Men's past for that matter...) so that it will be a rounder two issues. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the spotlight on Storm, but we can't forget the other characters in the meantime.

Goodwill said:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the spotlight on Storm, but we can't forget the other characters in the meantime.

You will get other issues that focus on other characters. Wolverine will be dealt with and so will the other X-Men not in this issue. If they took care of everyone's past at once than the title would get stale.

TheManWithoutFear said:
If they took care of everyone's past at once than the title would get stale.
Right.

That's how it was taken care of in 616. All at different times throughout the series.

Ah, hate to get all technical here, but every panel reminded me of the same thing: No way you can have that conversation -- at speed, especially, and with one rider wearing a full-face helmet--between two bikers.

Parthuman said:
Ah, hate to get all technical here, but every panel reminded me of the same thing: No way you can have that conversation -- at speed, especially, and with one rider wearing a full-face helmet--between two bikers.

only in the UU. if they say goldfish are blue,then there blue :twisted:

Really enjoyed this. Doesn't perfectly match up with Storm's personality in the earliest uxm issues but its not bad. The art is nice enough, but not brilliant.

I had however forgotten that this was the inflato-boobs cover

LDS does not have to be connected to Wolverine or Weapon X. I HOPE she's not, having her connected to Storm is a nice twist.

Agreed... Check out the baseless discussion for a discussion as to how we can keep Lady Deathstrike from mingling with Wolverine. ;)

Ooooh. I just read this at popcultureshock and the art looks really good. I, for one, loved his art in The Most Dangerous Game, but this looks even better. :D

Whew. I'm passed 666 posts.

Yeah, I agree the art is some of the best Immonen has done in a while. I mean, I was kind of sketchy with his UFF stuff, however, he corrected himself towards the end of Doom and he's done great since he picked up the title. I like Stuart.

Latest posts

Back