(616) Apocalypse -- Is this a big deal?

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Now granted I'm all over Cable/Deadpool and he's appearing so naturally there's a lot of speculation about his return, but I'm also noticeing a lot of news that hasn't been mentioned on the site.

Horsemen

and

Buzzscope gives us a preview of X-Men #181 and the reason why Apocalypse is back.

I'm still fairly new to comics and to the 616. I might just be excited that I'm getting my first run of Apocalypse but I would think there would be more buzz about what's happening.

Apoc is a force to be reckoned with. Last time he appeared was during The Twelve storyline in Uncanny X-Men where he took 12 mutants (Cyclops, Iceman, Xavier, Magneto, Polaris, Jean, Sunfire, Cable, Mikhail, and others) to his own use for more power. He's the one that made Angel to Archangel, and Wolverine into Death. He can amplify your powers probably 2-3 or more times fold.

For more info, do the clicky.

i hate omnipotent villains.

"oh, i'm the first mutant! that means i can do ANYTHING!"

"oh, thats cool, so what's your mutant power?"

"i can do ANYTHING!"

"so... you control stuff on a molecular level..? i don't get it."

"hell, i don't know... I JUST DO IT! I'M APOCALYPSE! ONLY I SHALL SURVIVE BWAHAHAHAHAHA ANYTHINGM!"

And he's the actual first mutant in the world, being born over 5,000 years ago, during the time Kang was the Pharoah.

"i can do ANYTHING!"

"hell, i don't know... I JUST DO IT! I'M APOCALYPSE! ONLY I SHALL SURVIVE BWAHAHAHAHAHA ANYTHINGM!"

yeah he has the power to bore me sensless

icemastertron said:
And he's the actual first mutant in the world, being born over 5,000 years ago, during the time Kang was the Pharoah.

oh i see, that perfectly explains his powers, how he can continously come back from the dead, and why is he is a f****** robot!

iceman said:
oh i see, that perfectly explains his powers, how he can continously come back from the dead, and why is he is a f****** robot!
What he has is because of the advanced technology he took at that time, I assume. Read the bio via the link above, if you don't know instead of spazzing out.

Yeah, Poccy's a big deal!If you wanna check out the best Poc story to date as a taster try and track down X-Men: Omega#1. May be about $15-20 but its worth it. The climax of AOA.

On a side note-the juggs on Lorna on the last page of the preview???Homina homina homina...

I love Apocalypse.

I don't know why. I've never actually read a good story with him in it.

Except the X-Men cartoon's two-parter "Time Fugitives" which mega rocked. :rockon:

Bass said:
I love Apocalypse.

Except the X-Men cartoon's two-parter "Time Fugitives" which mega rocked. :rockon:

Me too. I never read any Apocalypse comics really. But the finale of X-men Evoultion was so kick ***.

iceman said:

"i can do ANYTHING!"

I always felt like Apocalypse would be a better villain if he wasn't so powerful. There never seems to be a way to hurt Apocalypse, but he always gets beat in some weird way (best way was Mags in Age of Apocalypse, so bad***). He also always seems to get the most incompetant horsemen possible, except for Archangel. I'm glad Gambit's a horseman now though. He was more stale than the bread on my shelf (ooo, I need to get rid of that). Sunfire's a great choice for a horseman too, he always seemed very powerful, but underused.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Is Cable the big mystery 4th Horseman??? If so, that's sweet.
That would be pretty sweet, but very weird since Cable's original purpose was the destruction of Apocalypse.

Last edited:
Bass said:
I love Apocalypse.

Me and the wife like Apocalypse because he reminds us of Yul Brenner in "The 10 Commandments". He's all like "I am Apocalypse...go forth and do my bidding for Pharoh commands it!!! So let it be written....so let it be done!!!" :lol:

I'm reading the the X-Men arc with Apocalypse and it seems to be the same old thing. I just finished reading his old trade paperback:

the_rise_of_apocalypse.jpg

It's all about his origins. From the time he was a child....to the time he discovered his mutant power was actually immortality/healing factor...I think the changing his molecular structure came from the technology. But whatever.....

You know....I've never seen the Apocalypse story for X-Men:Evolution. I wish it would come to DVD or something so I could see it......but no such luck yet.

Latest posts

Back