616 Or Ultimate Universe?

Ultimates

Just curious which characters and why you liked them better? Maybe even get like a page with the links on the differences and such? could go in with the Bios

Colussus: He is wicked cool in both books. Im not sure about the gay thing, and im NOT homophobic, its just....how do i say this? Couldnt they have picked someone like Quicksilver to do this too? I mean, the guy either has a thing for his sister or... :)

Gambit: Personally, from what we have seen of him so far, i do NOT like his Ultimate counterpart. Perhaps it was the perm, but he wasnt working for me.

Captain America: for some reason, ALWAYS been interested, but his character always felt....two dimentional or something. That is, until the Ultimates. Now, i think he is SO cool, and I even like the whole tough guy thing, because that just seems to much more of how he would really be.

Thor: Was never a fan, but I personally REALLY like his Ultimate character.

Nick Fury: Once again, a 2d character that got so much more interesting. Just curious, why do you think they changed his race?

Rhino: Well, I think he looks SO much better Ultimate-style, but I guess Im not too crazy about it not really being a man, but a machine.

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Ultimates said:
Captain America: for some reason, ALWAYS been interested, but his character always felt....two dimentional or something. That is, until the Ultimates. Now, i think he is SO cool, and I even like the whole tough guy thing, because that just seems to much more of how he would really be.

Damn straight. 8)

Nick Fury: Once again, a 2d character that got so much more interesting. Just curious, why do you think they changed his race?

[SAMUEL L. JACKSON VOICE]CUZ HE'S SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE SAMUEL L. JACKSON MUTHA****A![/SAMUEL L. JACKSON VOICE]

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I made a thread about this a long time ago...

It had polls and such and every few days I'd ask which character the reason why...

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Personally I prefer just about all the Ultimate versions over their 616 counterparts. Mainly I just find them more realistically portrayed over 616, more interesting, and most important not bogged down with 40 years of continuity. Ultimate all the way baby

ourchair

Ultimates said:
Gambit: Personally, from what we have seen of him so far, i do NOT like his Ultimate counterpart. Perhaps it was the perm, but he wasnt working for me.
I've actually never liked Gambit as a character in the 616 universe, but I feel like this Ultimate Gambit is even worse, because he seems like a neutered version of his 616 self --- Identical in all other ways, but devoid of the cornball charisma and overplayed Cajun accent and hamfisted roguish characteristics.

Latest posts