616 Or Ultimate Universe?

Ultimates

Just curious which characters and why you liked them better? Maybe even get like a page with the links on the differences and such? could go in with the Bios

Colussus: He is wicked cool in both books. Im not sure about the gay thing, and im NOT homophobic, its just....how do i say this? Couldnt they have picked someone like Quicksilver to do this too? I mean, the guy either has a thing for his sister or... :)

Gambit: Personally, from what we have seen of him so far, i do NOT like his Ultimate counterpart. Perhaps it was the perm, but he wasnt working for me.

Captain America: for some reason, ALWAYS been interested, but his character always felt....two dimentional or something. That is, until the Ultimates. Now, i think he is SO cool, and I even like the whole tough guy thing, because that just seems to much more of how he would really be.

Thor: Was never a fan, but I personally REALLY like his Ultimate character.

Nick Fury: Once again, a 2d character that got so much more interesting. Just curious, why do you think they changed his race?

Rhino: Well, I think he looks SO much better Ultimate-style, but I guess Im not too crazy about it not really being a man, but a machine.

Ultimates said:
Captain America: for some reason, ALWAYS been interested, but his character always felt....two dimentional or something. That is, until the Ultimates. Now, i think he is SO cool, and I even like the whole tough guy thing, because that just seems to much more of how he would really be.

Damn straight. 8)

Nick Fury: Once again, a 2d character that got so much more interesting. Just curious, why do you think they changed his race?

[SAMUEL L. JACKSON VOICE]CUZ HE'S SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE SAMUEL L. JACKSON MUTHA****A![/SAMUEL L. JACKSON VOICE]

I made a thread about this a long time ago...

It had polls and such and every few days I'd ask which character the reason why...

Personally I prefer just about all the Ultimate versions over their 616 counterparts. Mainly I just find them more realistically portrayed over 616, more interesting, and most important not bogged down with 40 years of continuity. Ultimate all the way baby

Ultimates said:
Gambit: Personally, from what we have seen of him so far, i do NOT like his Ultimate counterpart. Perhaps it was the perm, but he wasnt working for me.
I've actually never liked Gambit as a character in the 616 universe, but I feel like this Ultimate Gambit is even worse, because he seems like a neutered version of his 616 self --- Identical in all other ways, but devoid of the cornball charisma and overplayed Cajun accent and hamfisted roguish characteristics.

Latest posts

Back