This looks ridiculous. Some of the animation looks like a video game. When I first saw the trailer I thought it was an ad for a new video game.

Last edited:
This is the director's first real film, isn't it? Of ourse it's going to be a bit choppy.

Hopefully he'll get better as it goes on.

I'll try and see it Friday.

I'll be seeing it Sunday with my sister and her boyfriend. I'm still looking forward to it.

I just saw it.

It was very good.

It's not without it's faults. A few lines of dialouge fall flat, and some bits are over-the-top. Overall, it's biggest problem is that it doesn't quite reach it's ambitions.

But damn if it doesn't try. I still reccomend this muchly. And like I said, the Shane Acker's new. He's inexperienced, but he unquestionably has the talent to be a great filmmaker. You fall so you can get up and try for better and all that.

I thought he was fine as a film-maker. Better than many very experienced ones, even. My problem was that the story was listless and the characters completely one-dimensional, most of all 9.

Yeah, characterization wasn't the film's strong point.

I liked what they did with 1, though.

I thought he was fine as a film-maker. Better than many very experienced ones, even. My problem was that the story was listless and the characters completely one-dimensional, most of all 9.

Maybe this is me looking too much into it, but it just occured to me that there might be a justification for that:
the dolls are all fragments of one person's soul. They all represent different facets of him, based their personalities on that one aspect,
and most of them haven't been around long enough to flesh things out.

Latest posts

Back