"A Child is coming. The Master will be reborn." (Possible Spoilers)

I thought Colossus was older than Cyclops... Remember in the Millar days when Colossus had a problem taking orders from someone who was younger than he was?

I thought Colossus was older than Cyclops... Remember in the Millar days when Colossus had a problem taking orders from someone who was younger than he was?

Definitely remember that. Beast was complaining to him about it suggesting they both had age on him.

Overlord said:
Maybe Sinister is just nuts and is spouting random insanity.
lame. Bring on Ultimate Apocalypse.

Definitely remember that. Beast was complaining to him about it suggesting they both had age on him.

lame. Bring on Ultimate Apocalypse.

Irrelevant, it matters not whether its "lame" or not. We still have no evidence that Ultimate Apocalypse is real and these we have no basis to believe that Sinister's ravings have any basis in reality. its not like Kirkman has done anything to advance this plotline.

No, but Kirkman did say in an interview he has an Apocalypse story in him. Of course he can not have Apoc at all and just an idea. But I think we're closer now than ever to an all-out balls to the walls Apocalypse story.

Just to recap on the ages, Jean is now 20 (people forgot already! What are ya, Bendis'?! :p). Remember she said she was 19 back when Millar started the title. Colossus I thought he mentioned was 19 or something and I could've sworn it was said Cyclops was 21.

Everyone else, as D!B said, is underage.

On the very first page of "Cable: Part 1", yeah, Jean mentioned that it was her birthday and that she was no longer a teenager.

Heck, I was hoping for Rogue to get pregnant when I first read Date Night. Drama would then ensue. And then, late into the pregnancy... Rogue would get her original powers back and kill the baby.

Pity she lost Gambit's powers back so early. :/

Heck, I was hoping for Rogue to get pregnant when I first read Date Night. Drama would then ensue. And then, late into the pregnancy... Rogue would get her original powers back and kill the baby.

Pity she lost Gambit's powers back so early. :/

Well, if you look at it from the X-Men 'verse POV, the baby could have developed some crazy defense system that made him invulnerable to his mother's power... I'd have bought that if they had done it.

Huh? Gambit's not Beast, his death would be completely pointless and unexplainable!

...oh, wait.

gambit dying so soon feels like such a waste, his debut in UXM #13 was my single favorite ultimate story

on the other hand, we never saw his body, or even a casket, he could be being held in stasis at shield or something, and now that rogue has lost his powers, they'd return to him

gambit dying so soon feels like such a waste, his debut in UXM #13 was my single favorite ultimate story

on the other hand, we never saw his body, or even a casket, he could be being held in stasis at shield or something, and now that rogue has lost his powers, they'd return to him
Well I always thought that SHIELD taking the body would mean something. There would be no point of bringing that up if it didn't.

Gambit will be back. Beast can't come back, we saw the body, the funeral, everything. Charles Xavier (or who ever, but it really looks like Charles) will die next, and depending on how it happens depends on if he'll be back or not.

But I think Charles will be back too.

Sucks that Bendis had to go out of his way to make sure Beast couldn't come back.

Gambit will be back. Beast can't come back, we saw the body, the funeral, everything. Charles Xavier (or who ever, but it really looks like Charles) will die next, and depending on how it happens depends on if he'll be back or not.

But I think Charles will be back too.

Sucks that Bendis had to go out of his way to make sure Beast couldn't come back.
There's a way around that, really, so it's possible for him to come back.

I thought this forum loved the notion that the Ultimateverse was a more realistic universe where "comic book-isms" like ressurections shouldn't exist.

I liked Ultimate Beast too, but I would rather have him stay under the dirt.

Last edited:
I thought this forum loved the notion that the Ultimateverse was a more realistic universe where "comic book-isms" like ressurections shouldn't exist.

Agreed. I actually liked that Beast died. It was unexpected, and that's what most deaths are.

A big factor of Beast's death being shocking probably has to do with neither Bendis or the solicts coming out and say "Oh wow, someone's gonna die, who is it!?", as far as I know. That's dumb. It just creates predictability and nullifies all impact. Unfortunately, writers/those in charge don't seem to realize that and like to kill people off just for the sake of getting readers. Big deaths like Gwen Stacy are well-known and well-received because nobody saw them coming. Then again, you have Jason Todd, whose fate was decided in a poll, and Uncle Ben, who I'm sure nobody cared about, but that's besides the point.

Last edited:

Most of us do. The ones that don't are wrong.

I'm not saying that I want him to come back. All I'm saying is that there is a way for him to return, retconing his death with "reason" (note the quotation marks) and without retconning it (like Lynx puts it).

Latest posts

Back