"A Child is coming. The Master will be reborn." (Possible Spoilers)

I thought this forum loved the notion that the Ultimateverse was a more realistic universe where "comic book-isms" like ressurections shouldn't exist.

I liked Ultimate Beast too, but I would rather have him stay under the dirt.

I gave up on that shtick a long time ago.

Otherwise, I would have dropped the line around Carnage. Millar's FF run and the Clone Saga would have reinforced my decision.

Last edited:
Beast is the most plausible resurrection possible. Only because there is a character named Dark Beast that can be ultimized too.

Dark Beast is the kind of stuff that created the Ultimate Universe. We don't want unneeded crappy characters and stories... oh wait, too late.

Dark Beast is the kind of stuff that created the Ultimate Universe. We don't want unneeded crappy characters and stories... oh wait, too late.

Yeah, I thought I was going to have to virtually slap you across the face with Ultimate Spider-Man #101.

That's only because there's another Beast that was Dark Beast. If it was ever to be done, it can be done ala X-Men Legends II where it's just Beast turned evil. No double from another timeline.

I gave up on that shtick a long time ago.

Otherwise, I would have dropped the line around Carnage. Millar's FF run and the Clone Saga would have reinforced my decision.

So did the Ultimate writers, all of the Ultimate titles (besides Ultimates) have brought someone back from the dead in their hollowed pages.

1- UXM- Sabretooth.
2- UFF- General Ross
3- USM- Gwen Stacy. Hammerhead.

So if someone stays dead, nice. If someone comes back from the dead, as long as it's done well, nice. If it's done bad, ala Gwen and Hammerhead, then...Bendis wrote it.

Last edited:
So did the Ultimate writers, all of the Ultimate titles (besides Ultimates) have brought someone back from the dead in their hollowed pages.

1- UXM- Sabretooth.
2- UFF- General Ross
3- USM- Gwen Stacy. Hammerhead.

So if someone stays dead, nice. If someone comes back from the dead, as long as it's done well, nice. If it's done bad, ala Gwen and Hammerhead, then...Bendis wrote it.

I still say he was ambiguous enough to not really count, especially including his healing factor.

Alright Doctor Cornilus was in a helicopter and struck by lightening. The helicopter exploded in midair and crashed down below to an angry Wolverine.

Then he reappears with Sabretooth, both sporting scars, wanting to clone Wolverine.

Last edited:
Yeah cuz technically you're dead the minute you lose your balls. So he was "dead" from that point. Until they grew back.

I think they're talking about Wolverine slicing off Sabertooth's head in "Return of the King".

I really don't have a problem with Sabretooth coming back. If the guy can have his head lopped off and still come back for you, it just makes him that much scarier. Sabretooth's death wasn't intended to make a huge impact on the reader. If anything, his return had a far more dramatic impact than his death did.

And I actually think Beast's return could be done right. There's a number of ways it could be done wrong, but still could be executed superbly. On the negative end of things are "Beast never REALLY died at all", or "Beast was resurrected by the Phoenix", or "Beast was cloned, but he's still a good guy", or.... You get the point, right? I think the only real positive way to do it is to have him return as Dark Beast (most likely as a Horseman of Apocalypse, like someone else mentioned), either as a genetic clone or some sort of voodoo. I think in that sort of instance, he'd have to be used as a short-lived character, brought out for the emotional impact it would bring out in the team and then buried back in the ground for good.

Sabertooth is great... Especially since he's got family ties to Wolverine now. Or does he? Hmm... That kinda mystery is good to have around, it'll lead to deep development between two characters with a rivalry.

He doesn't add mystery to me.

He's full of ****.

True he might be telling the truth, but I don't think so. It's a nice concept since originally Sabretooth was going to be Wolverine's father, so now it's reversed.

But I'd rather have Sabretooth devoid of humanity, he's embraced his animalistic nature while Wolverine tries to keep his humanity. It's a mirror like thing between the two.

As you can tell, I love the Claremont era of X-Men and in that era, Sabretooth was an immoral killing machine who would usually get into a one on one fight with Wolverine, push all of Wolverine's buttons, and then either end in a draw or Sabretooth victory.

Of course originally in UXM Wolverine was a killing machine with little morals in him. In fact I would love it if after Charles Xavier dies Wolverine goes back to his cigar smoking, teammate killing, murderer he was before the Bendis run.

Is it so hard to think that Xavier "tamed" him after he almost killed Scott just to sleep with a 19 year old scrawny redhead? Why would you keep such a person on your team?

Well, you would keep him if you could subtly influence him and keep telling him it's impossible for him to read Wolverine's mind to keep him from suspecting he's doing it.

I just want Ultimate Sabretooth to be Wolverine's GRANDSON... because that would be shocking! SHOCKING!

And then it could be revealed that Ultimate Sabretooth is actually a girl and then he changes his name to X-23.

Two birds with one stone, folks... two birds... one stone.

I think it would be interesting to see X-23 in the ultimate line...

As for the whole Beast thing, I don't like him. I think he should be reborn as the Dark Beast and join Apocalypse.

and for what the hell Sinister was babbling about, I thought he was talking about Cable but now it looks like I was wrong. Though, there is Rachel Grey and X-Man that could be the "child".

I'm hoping is x-man, but ultimate Franklin Richards seems lika a cool option. Then again it's too soon to introduce him so I hope he appears in UFF a la cable in UXM, him coming from the future to stop a treat or something important.

Latest posts

Back