Absolute Sandman

Friday

So I get up today and lo and behold an e-mail from Amazon! But what does it say? My Absolute Sandman shipping date has changed! Damnit!

Wait, its sooner? Its supposed to be here as early as next wensday?

And its now listed as in stock with Amazon.

Anyone hear about it coming out early, or some special promotion with them over it?

Last edited:
Hey, just curious.... did they correct your price? Because they didnt correct mine, and my card was just charged 18.98, and it will be shipped in a few days...

Hey, just curious.... did they correct your price? Because they didnt correct mine, and my card was just charged 18.98, and it will be shipped in a few days...

Nope. I recived it today and its friggin beautiful. THe new coloring really makes everything stand out.

They didn't correct the price???

Gah! I paid Sixty-Some dollars on it, and I have to wait until it was SUPPOSED to come out.

*grumpy at Amazon*

They didn't correct the price???

Gah! I paid Sixty-Some dollars on it, and I have to wait until it was SUPPOSED to come out.

*grumpy at Amazon*

I'm just unhappy that I didn't order New Frontier too. I paid like $40 for it instead of the mislist they had. Wasn't it $15 too?

I got mine today.

It's so beatiful. I think I could make love to it.

I read the first 8 issues. I love it has it's own bookmark too. A cool little feature.

The pages are so shiny.

mine just arrived... i am reading the original pitch for Sandman....

I loves it. I loves it hardcore.

I didn't know that guy that Glob and Brute bought to be "their" Sandman was one and the same as Dr.Fate from JSA. That's awesome.

I also know a little about his son Daniel and what happens but I don't know how or why.

I didn't know that guy that Glob and Brute bought to be "their" Sandman was one and the same as Dr.Fate from JSA. That's awesome.

I also know a little about his son Daniel and what happens but I don't know how or why.

I was going through the dollar boxs at my LCS and found the old Jack Kirby Sandman issue that had all those characters in it. Brute, Glob, Jed, the dreamsphere, everything. It was really cool.

So I got V4 about a week and a half ago. I haven't read it yet. Instead I started at V1 again. I've noticed some things as I've gone.

The art in the Absolutes is so much cleaner than the old HCs. I'm not sure if its the larger size, the re-inking and coloring in some places, digital scans off the original work or what but its almost like I haven't read it.

Second A Game of You gets rougher every time I read it. I just finished it last night and by the end it was difficult to not just skip over it.

Finally the stand alone issues seem to get stronger each time. Theres so many of them that its easy to forget about them and get a pleasant surprise.

I'm also passing them on to friends of mine who haven't read them yet. One tore though V1 in a day and a half. He's getting Absolute 2 on Friday.

I think i read the first one or two tpbs ages ago, and I got dream country for my birthday.

I think i enjoyed dream country more than the actual stories. The one about the cats is awsome and midsummer's night dream. In fact i thought dream country was miles better than what i'd previously read - even tho it was only 4 issues. I just didn't see sandman as something that wanted me to read it, he seemed to just wander around slightly aimlessly. I heard that nothing really picks up until #50 or so...which is quite a way to go.

I have been buying these recently also. But I have been hopping around picking up trades for arcs that I don't have in single issue form and thus, have never read.

I just picked up Kindly Ones a few weeks ago. The Wake will be next. This title was awesome. I miss it. And best of all, these stories are all new to me.

I think i read the first one or two tpbs ages ago, and I got dream country for my birthday.

I think i enjoyed dream country more than the actual stories. The one about the cats is awsome and midsummer's night dream. In fact i thought dream country was miles better than what i'd previously read - even tho it was only 4 issues. I just didn't see sandman as something that wanted me to read it, he seemed to just wander around slightly aimlessly. I heard that nothing really picks up until #50 or so...which is quite a way to go.

I think it really starts kicking at Season of the Mists, but I love the first half of the series over the latter.

And my friend that I lent Absolute V1 to dropped it.

Into water.

I'm not happy about that.

I love the whole thing, but yes, the series comes together as a whole with Seasons of Mists.

Latest posts

Back