Action Figure Nostalgia

Gothamite

Did you collect action figures when you were a kid? Do you still collect them? If so, do you keep them in the case, or take them out? Do you actually play with them or do you just leave them on display? What was/is your favourite figure?

It was probably about the time I got a PlayStation, when I was about nine, that I more or less stopped playing with action figures. Before that, I was constantly playing with them. I'd have big story arcs and I even invented some new supporting characters.

Nowadays, I still collect a lot of figs, but I just put them on display in my room. Occasionally, when my little brother is playing with his figures, I'll join in.

What about anyone else?

I have two or three large tubs of Action Figures... Every now and then I want to pick up a few new ones... but I figure if I have kids one day, I'll buy a bunch of figures for my kids and play with them until they get old enough to realize that some of my old figures would have been worth something had I gotten them in a box. Heh.

i need to get rid of some of my toys. i have a big *** crate full of marvel legends figures i need to off. i also have a whole bunch of he man figures in my attic too which i need to get rid of. im offing so much stuff before i go to uni it hurts :cry:

Still do. I don't seek them out and I don't have them on display, so I'm not a loser.

I have most of my toys from when I grew up, except the ones that my mom threw away/gave away. I broke a lot of toys though. I was always pretty rough on them. I'd have long complicated sagas for my GI Joes and when they died I'd bury them in the hard. If I could ever find them again they'd be resurrected as zombies, but there are still some down there I never found.

But I have boxes in my mom's garage filled with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, WWF figures, COPS, Masters of the Universe, Transformers, Army Ants, Visonaries, you name it. If it's from the 80s/early 90s I probably have it somewhere. Except my mom gave away my Hall of Justice and my Super Powers/Secret Wars figures. . . :cry:

Nowadays I have all the Star Wars toys from 1995-2000, literally all of them, a ton of Simpsons toys most of which I never openeded just because I never got around to it for some reason. I have a bunch of Marvel Legends and other Toy Biz Marvel figures, which I stopped buying when Hasbro took over the license. A bunch of DC Direct figures, some JLU stuff. Whatever catches my eye. i'm going to be all over the Legion toys when they come out. Which reminds me, I need to find a Krypto and Streaky from the cartoon.

But yeah, aside from what I mentioned above which I didn't open from sheer laziness, I open EVERYTHING. SOmetimes I'll get in the modd to dosplay certain figures on a shelf when I have open shelf space, but usually they just get stuffed in a box and I take them out and look at them now and again. When I get a house I'll definately be displaying a lot of them though.

Last edited:
All I ever used to get down with was G.I Joe and Transformers. That's mostly it. I never really got into the other stuff.

I also like Battlbeasts.

I used to make Gundam and Zoid models and have lots of Star Wars and dinosaur figures. Now I have Oz, Buffy, Willow, Angel, and the Master action figures. I still have a few Gundams somewhere.

You know what...I just remembere that for some strange reason my parents kept buying me He-Man toys.....even though I didn't really want them.

The 2 that stick out most aside from Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain (w/ the microphone snakehead) were Bashasaurus and Thunder Punch He-Man.

Man those were some crappy toys....

I loved He-Man. I do believe I had every single He-Man figure produced. When I lived in Colorado my grandma would mail me packages every month or so with about nine new He-Man figures. My favorite was Ram-Man.

I never did get Eternia though. And only had a handful of She-Ra figures.

Ghostbusters did rule. They would've been better if they didn't have a permanent energy stream on their packs. I had a bunch of those too.

I was pretty spoiled.

I didn't have too many Transformers, though. The only real major one I had was Optimus. Never had Megatron. Bumblebee was always my favorite. My dad bought me a Bumblebee figure, but it was a rare red mispaint. NOT Cliffjumper. There was an actual red Bumblebee. If I had it in package today I'd be a millionaire!

Lessee...I still have all my Jem & the Holograms.

but you guys would claim those were dolls.

I have every version of the Baroness ever produced. I have a bunch of Captain Marvels and Black Adams (still waiting for my Mary figures to come out). Have a crap load of Shirow figures, and a 3' Godzilla. Then i have a smattering of my favorite characters; Emma, X-23, Zatanna, Batwoman and Wonder Woman.

I loved He-Man. I do believe I had every single He-Man figure produced. When I lived in Colorado my grandma would mail me packages every month or so with about nine new He-Man figures. My favorite was Ram-Man.

lol ram-man!!! i just had a peek at all my he man figures in the attic to see if they were still up there. my favourite figure in there is Stinkor cos he was pretty unique but Grizzlor gets some credit because he looked so ****ing stupid

Oh yeah, I have the Masterpiece Transformers *hugs MP Starscream*

lol ram-man!!! i just had a peek at all my he man figures in the attic to see if they were still up there. my favourite figure in there is Stinkor cos he was pretty unique but Grizzlor gets some credit because he looked so ****ing stupid

Yeah, I always liked the characters that didn't really fit the mold of the others. The Ram-Mans, the Grizzlors, King Hiss.

Stinker was cool, Moss Man was cool, even though the directions specifically state you weren't supposed to get slime on him. He-Man had this chair that you sat characetrs in and dumped slime on them. . .

The only one I didn't have was Faker, but I was able to acquire him years down the line just to say I had him. I don't have half that stuff anymore.

:rockon:

TMNT also: :rockon:

and ****LOADS of Batman figures. :rockon:

8.5 words for you all:

I had a Robin toy once, and my sister broke its head off. Then I got an updated one and I left it at my old house when we moved. I cried.

Yeah, I always liked the characters that didn't really fit the mold of the others. The Ram-Mans, the Grizzlors, King Hiss.

Stinker was cool, Moss Man was cool, even though the directions specifically state you weren't supposed to get slime on him. He-Man had this chair that you sat characetrs in and dumped slime on them. . .

The only one I didn't have was Faker, but I was able to acquire him years down the line just to say I had him. I don't have half that stuff anymore.

lol FAKER!!!! u had to have that guy just cos really.....how lame can u get? but i didnt have faker :(
gotta add a mention for two-bad also

Latest posts

Back