Adamantium in the Ultimate Universe

Big E

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
56
Is there a thread or link about the appearances of adamantium in the Ultimate Universe? I really just want to know how rare it is and who uses it.
thanks.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Big E said:
Is there a thread or link about the appearances of adamantium in the Ultimate Universe? I really just want to know how rare it is and who uses it.
thanks.

Not really sure. Other than Wolverine's bones, Lady Deathstrike's claws (they were adamantium right?), and the needle Hawkeye shot Hulk with in Ultimates, I don't think its really been addressed otherwise.
 

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
5,491
Location
Australia
To my finite knowledge there's no link, but the impression I've gotten is that its a lot rarer than in 616.

I expect that will change over time.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Caduceus said:
To my finite knowledge there's no link, but the impression I've gotten is that its a lot rarer than in 616.
You're infinite knowledge proves you very....knowledgeable. :D


Caduceus said:
I expect that will change over time.
Yeah, that's most likely to occur.
 

Hawkeye101

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Messages
680
Location
Iowa
DIrishB said:
Not really sure. Other than Wolverine's bones, Lady Deathstrike's claws (they were adamantium right?), and the needle Hawkeye shot Hulk with in Ultimates, I don't think its really been addressed otherwise.

Not ture, what's his face in Ultimate Spider-Man (blades on his wrists that generate electricity) wanted the adamantium in that facility and Spider-Man didn't know what it was. And Capatian America's shield is now Adamantium, many of Hawkeye's arrows are tipped in Adamantium. You know, they should have an Adamantium conspiracy arc in the UU.
 

14rdb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
192
Killer Shrike at Roxxon, correct?

Also, Sabretooth had adamantium bonded to his skeleton, claws, fingernail/claws, and teeth.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Hawkeye101 said:
Not ture, what's his face in Ultimate Spider-Man (blades on his wrists that generate electricity) wanted the adamantium in that facility and Spider-Man didn't know what it was. And Capatian America's shield is now Adamantium, many of Hawkeye's arrows are tipped in Adamantium. You know, they should have an Adamantium conspiracy arc in the UU.

Yup. Forgot about those.

14rdb said:
Killer Shrike at Roxxon, correct?

Also, Sabretooth had adamantium bonded to his skeleton, claws, fingernail/claws, and teeth.

Yup to that too. Can't believe I forgot about Sabertooth. I'm getting rusty.
 

Lithium

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
1,543
Location
Boise, ID
The group from the blockbuster arc had adamantuim plates(armor) and bullets, right?
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
DIrishB said:
True. But despite that, one of them was cracked/broken. So either somehow his adamantium managed to break, or his claws were around before he got the adamantium bonded to them (a la Wolverine in 616) and one had cracked somehow.
Once adamantium is in its solid state, the ONLY way to make it so your able to do whatever, is to get it into liquid, which can only happen with SUPER intense heat. Therefore, it cannot break. Sabertooth even said himself he had the claws only. Otherwise, Wolverine wouldn't have been able to slice his head off.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
icemastertron said:
Once adamantium is in its solid state, the ONLY way to make it so your able to do whatever, is to get it into liquid, which can only happen with SUPER intense heat. Therefore, it cannot break. Sabertooth even said himself he had the claws only. Otherwise, Wolverine wouldn't have been able to slice his head off.

True, but this still means that he got the claws, then super-heated it just to break it? Doesn't make sense. And again, thats 616 adamantium, like I said while its similar, shouldn't necessarily assume they're exactly the same.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
DIrishB said:
True, but this still means that he got the claws, then super-heated it just to break it? Doesn't make sense. And again, thats 616 adamantium, like I said while its similar, shouldn't necessarily assume they're exactly the same.
Don't matter. One or two minor things may or may not change, but overall, its the same deal.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
icemastertron said:
Don't matter. One or two minor things may or may not change, but overall, its the same deal.

Right, which, LIKE I SAID, if there's even minor changes, means you shouldn't assume they're exactly the same. Point is, how did Sabretooth break the claw if adamantium is unbreakable? Someone should ask on MW about that. I would but I can never get on the site cuz there's too many connections or some crap so I get an error screen unless I go on in the middle of the night.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
DIrishB said:
Right, which, LIKE I SAID, means you shouldn't assume they're exactly the same. Point is, how did Sabretooth break the claw if adamantium is unbreakable?
Which would only mean its either:

A) Not actual adamntium, but something like secondary or lower, which can break with force.

or

B) Something happened behind the scenes we dont know of.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
icemastertron said:
Which would only mean its either:

A) Not actual adamntium, but something like secondary or lower, which can break with force.

or

B) Something happened behind the scenes we dont know of.

Exactly. Or someone botched the job while implanting the claws for him while they were still in their super-heated state.
 

Latest posts

Top