Adamantium in the Ultimate Universe

icemastertron said:
Once adamantium is in its solid state, the ONLY way to make it so your able to do whatever, is to get it into liquid, which can only happen with SUPER intense heat. Therefore, it cannot break. Sabertooth even said himself he had the claws only. Otherwise, Wolverine wouldn't have been able to slice his head off.
I guess it never said anything about Sabretooth's skeleton, I just assumed that to be the case since he was doing the whole Wolverine copycat thing. Does it say anywhere that he didn't? All I remember was when he popped his claws he said something like, "Like the enhancements?" -- no real details.

And claws definitely weren't the only improvements he received: "Had the teeth done too spitball."

The beheading scene might be pointed to as evidence of no adamantium skeleton, but a super lucky strike might still be able to sever his head if a claw went through without hitting his spine (somewhat related to the 'Can Hulk rip Wolverine apart?' debate in the other thread).

Also, has there been much written about the properties of adamantium in the UU yet? I took the broken claw to be evidence that while an incredibly resilient material, UU adamantium may not be as 'magically' strong as it is in 616, a concept I like. Similar to the de-powered strength levels, it would add a bit of realism to the universe because 616 adamantium is unbreakable on a downright silly level.

I thought maybe there's some untold story explaining the broken claw. For example, could a thin blade made of UU adamantium take a direct hit from Mjolnir without sustaining any damage?

As mentioned, it could also be evidence of a broken preexisting claw, but it was done during Millar's watch and he's stated in the past that Ultimate Wolverine doesn't have bone claws, which leads me to believe Sabretooth doesn't either.

Adamantium is great. That solves everything. That and the number 48...

icemastertron said:
Once adamantium is in its solid state, the ONLY way to make it so your able to do whatever, is to get it into liquid, which can only happen with SUPER intense heat. Therefore, it cannot break. Sabertooth even said himself he had the claws only. Otherwise, Wolverine wouldn't have been able to slice his head off.

Wait! What happend to his claws in RoTK? And can adamantium be like diamonds? Only adamantium cut adamantium? And if Wolverine didn't have the bone claws how is he able to extend and retract them? There are no muscles to do so. And in the briefings in the Bloack Buster arc, it says Weapon X discovered a mutant blessed with claws and a healing factor, and laced his entire skeleton in adamantium. Which tells me he has bone claws undernieth.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. That is a good point about the adamantium not being as strong as the 616 version. Maybee that levels the playing field a bit in Ult hulk vs wolvie coming up.

Hawkeye101 said:
And in the briefings in the Bloack Buster arc, it says Weapon X discovered a mutant blessed with claws and a healing factor, and laced his entire skeleton in adamantium. Which tells me he has bone claws undernieth.
I noticed that also, but Millar said that Wolvie didn't have "bone claws", Blockbuster was written by Bendis and that's probably just another of his many continuity errors.

Pandrio said:
I noticed that also, but Millar said that Wolvie didn't have "bone claws", Blockbuster was written by Bendis and that's probably just another of his many continuity errors.
It could still mean he has claws as part of his skeleton. And since the very first issue Wolverine had his claws with the adamantium, that could just refer to that he doesnt have bone claws because they're adamantium.

Not saying that what I said is the truth, just a possibility, per se.

I want a car made out of adamantium...I'd never have to worry about dings or scratches, and if someone pissed me off enough I could totally go road rage on their *** and crash into them without messing up my car a bit. That would be nice...nothing quite lack total lack of consequence.

DIrishB said:
I want a car made out of adamantium...I'd never have to worry about dings or scratches, and if someone pissed me off enough I could totally go road rage on their *** and crash into them without messing up my car a bit. That would be nice...nothing quite lack total lack of consequence.

WHAT HAPPEND TO SABRETOOTH'S CLAWS FOR ROTK? Please tellme!!!!!
hey, wit a minute, I havent seen a post by Bass in two days! WTF?

Hawkeye101 said:
WHAT HAPPEND TO SABRETOOTH'S CLAWS FOR ROTK? Please tellme!!!!!

Maybe he just didn't have time to pop them out, since Wolverine basically just went up to him and beheaded him before he had a chance to do anything.

hey, wit a minute, I havent seen a post by Bass in two days! WTF?

He's busy shaving his back. He'll be back next week.

Hulk broke an adamantium needle in Ultimates 1... don't know if that helped but it isn't completely unbreakable... though it would probably take someone like hulk or juggernaut to break it. Thing is, its a metal, and would be more likely to bend or scratch or dent then break, diffusing the kinetic force that way.

A cage made of Adamantium was broken by a rocket in the flashback from Ultimate X-Men #11 so it's not unbreakable.

Latest posts

Back