Alan Moore and DC

GMaster

Banned
Well, most of you might have heard now that Alan is quitting DC, and taking his Leage of Extraordinary Gentlemen away from him. The reason was over the V for Vendetta movie, Alan was quite cross, and DC wouldn't apologise about a certain situation, so Alan said he is quitting.
Go Alan.
Anyway, I was wondering, where do you think this leaves Albion, and other stories that Alan was plotting/writing about the new IPC characters?
And who thinks DC is stupid?

GMaster said:
Well, most of you might have heard now that Alan is quitting DC, and taking his Leage of Extraordinary Gentlemen away from him. The reason was over the V for Vendetta movie, Alan was quite cross, and DC wouldn't apologise about a certain situation, so Alan said he is quitting.
Go Alan.
Anyway, I was wondering, where do you think this leaves Albion, and other stories that Alan was plotting/writing about the new IPC characters?
And who thinks DC is stupid?
I think this is all Moores fault. He's been wanting to get away from DC fo years, and just decided to mkae a public thing of it come the end of his contract. DC realy didn't do anything wrong as it was the production company thats making V (New Line is it? I don't remember and am too lazy to look it up) that ticked him off. The only think that DC did that I'd concider to be worth getting worked up over was the pulped Promethea issue, and even there I can still understand why it happened.

I don't get it. Didn't Moore alreadyhave his own brand called ABC comics inside of Wildstorm? Which is DC?

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen rocks.

ProjectX2 said:
I don't get it. Didn't Moore alreadyhave his own brand called ABC comics inside of Wildstorm? Which is DC?

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen rocks.
When Wildstorm was still an Image inprint Moore started the ABC line within it. Then Wildstorm got sold to DC, whom Moore already hated with a passion. Unfortunatly Moore was under contract to Wildstorm, so continued to work for the imprint, provided he was given in intermediary between him and DC, that his work be published as written, and that he is basicly left alone. DC made a total of 3 changes to what he's done since this all happened, and as I said the only one that I believe to be unjustified was the scrapping of a Promethea issue due to the sexual content. The other 2 were fairly minor things that wouldn' have impacted the book. Now that he's cutting all ties the majority of his work for the ABC line is being forced to stay with DC due to ownership rights, excluding LOEG wich Moore is able to take with him.

And as I said, moore making a stink now is just because he's at the end of his contract, and wanted to smear DC a bit on his way out. The LOEG : Dark Dossier will complete his requirements, then its off to another company for the rest of LOEGs history.

I read the first volume and that was the ****ters. Still can't get a copy of the second volume yet though...

Baxter said:
DC realy didn't do anything wrong as it was the production company thats making V (New Line is it? I don't remember and am too lazy to look it up) that ticked him off. The only think that DC did that I'd concider to be worth getting worked up over was the pulped Promethea issue, and even there I can still understand why it happened.
Actually, I was thinking the same thing: DC can't be held responsible for whatever the hell Joel Silver says that the film's marekting people choose not to gag.

But then you realize that the studio that is producing V for Vendetta and financing Silver Pictures is Warner Brothers, which is a parent company of DC. Which means that whether or not you think Alan Moore is right in *****ing the string of cross-company responsibility still holds.

Latest posts

Back