Aliens vs Predator

Ten years ago, Rebellion surprised PC gamers with a stellar first-person shooter based on the Alien and Predator franchises. Rebellion spent the next decade making a string of mediocre shooters that paled in comparison to its most notable work. But the UK developer is hoping to reclaim some of its notoriety with a return to the franchise that put them on the map. Along with SEGA, Rebellion is "rebooting" Aliens vs. Predator for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

The basic concept remains the same. Aliens, a Predator and a number of Colonial Marines are mixing it up and you have the opportunity to play as each faction. This time around, there is a strict linear story which plays out Call of Duty style, switching between perspectives after each level. One of the Predator's holy temples has been defiled by the Marines, who in turn have accidentally awakened the ancient Alien Queen living in it bowels. The first batch of "junior" predators storm in and get slaughtered by the Aliens. And thus, one of the elite alien-hunting Predators is sent in to clean up the mess.

More here http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/986/986263p1.html

I liked the first one, though it was only fun as the Alien to me.

I have no idea what to expect with this one.

That's kind of like me. I loved 1 and 2 on pc but I always went Predator. (though Alien was awesome in life cycle mode when you could face rape.)

Face rape is always fun.

The thing that sucked with the Aliens was the machine gun turrets. They ****ed you up

Yeah but your blood hurt people also you could see predators when they were invisible making the cloaking device useless.

Yeah but your blood hurt people also you could see predators when they were invisible making the cloaking device useless.

Every race has it's weaknesses and strengths.

Marines were awesome if you had the friends to back you up.

I know. The original one we networked four computers, and kicked *** for the first few levels.

By now, I'm expecting you to be up to date on Alien vs. Predator. It's a first-person action game, you play from three perspectives (Alien/Predator/space marine), and it's set about 30 years after the events of Alien 3.

Got it? Good. Let's get to the grisly deaths.

read upon deaths here http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1053329p1.html

Sounds cool.

Also Good news for Australian people on here.

Australia, December 17, 2009 - SEGA Australia today confirmed that Aliens vs. Predator will be seeing an Australian release, as the Australian Classification Review Board has overturned the original decision to Refuse Classification for the game and has given it an MA15+ rating. With no cuts made.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1056422p1.html

Anyone else have this? I got mine today when it came out here. I like the story mode in single player each person's story feel's like it should. Human feels like "Oh god what was that?" panic to survive. Alien feels very much like an animal picking off your victim and predator you feel like you are hunting. I love that.

Multiplayer is great too with death match , species team death match (so each race is together) Mixed Species team death match . Infestation mode (one play is an alien and the rest human. Each human killed becomes an alien as they pick off the humans until it's overwhelming) Predator hunt mode (the opposite of previous mode. 1 player is predator. you kill him you become the predator as predator is only way to get points) and a couple more. XP gets you skins for characters too if you play ranked.

Pretty good game I think.

Latest posts

Back