All new Villain

Hasn´t the Phoenix been more about Telekinesis than telepathy? I mean, it does boost Jean´s telepathy heaps but it boosts her telekinesis to pretty much divine levels. "Telekinetic godhod in a jar" to quote Sublime. But Xavier has shown he´s got some serious juice (Brimstone and Hellfire) so its probably just a question of wait and see.

With little trouble!? The dude was sweating buckets and passed out afterwards. I mean, you're right - he did dispose of The Phoenix, but not with ease, and when you think about it he either only blocked Phoenix from gaining total control of the body or Phoenix allowed him to think that. Phoenix was still whispering things into Jean's head after that, and Thor also dropped a hint that The Phoenix could still be in control but was manipulating everyone.

Not only that, but I would have to think it was a just-in-the-nick-of-time kind of thing. He was lucky to get to her when he did.

I'm assuming that the Phoenix force and everyone's power levels are approximately the same (or the same relative to each other) as 616 - in which case Phoenix - a cosmic entity - could snuff out Xavier's brain without even batting an eyelash.

Has anyone else ever really wondered about Xavier's telekinesis. I mean, he lifted his wheelchair into the Hellfire Club but he doesn't really have any in 616. Is there anything else known about it or has he used it anymore than that 1 time?

Well, he has mild abilities with it as Magneto does mild telepathic abilities. Although they are not significant powers for the two of them, they are still very much there. This is in the 616 universe, of course.

Granted I'm not exactly and X-Men expert, but I've never hard/read ANYTHING suggesting that Magneto has telepathic abilities. :sure:

I´ve heard the rumor that its based around electro magnetic waves affecting brain patterns

Basically, it makes iit harder for anyone to get in. The Helmet is supposed to heighten it. This is a remembered rumor though so...

Basically, Magneto´s brain gives off electromagnetic waves which interfere with brainwaves. This means his own are a little distorted making him harder to read by telepaths. This also affects brainwaves coming into the sphere of influence. the EM waves distort these making mental influencing harder. The helmet heightens the effect to the point where even Xavier can´t get in. You didn´t think a bit of metal kept him out did you

Besides, if you´ve got any basis for the "Magento´s telepathic powers comment, please share. This is just a rumor i vaguely remember.

I don't have proof other than what I read in a bio, which I think can be found on www.marveldirectory.com If you don't know about that place, it's really good and it's a shame the message board went up in smokes there... I was actually a mod!

Well i dunno if this has been said, but in Ultimate War, he like projects himself into that body which talks to Prof X about joining Magnetos side, i think it was issue 3 i dunno if you can count this as telepathic powers????

Ok, we've seen to have gone off-topic.

So gettin' back on, this kid's power might be some type of electric impulse or something? (Someone mentioned something like this...)

You're absolutely right, Shahid. Good observation, there, I would've never remember that. ;) Right there you go, there's something I'm not pulling outta my rear, guys!

Anyway, this new villain, I think, is just a way so that Xavier and man kind can interact a little. I'm not sure Vaughan's using him as a puppet, but I think that, with the bad blood between mutants and man, Xavier needs to try and patch things up, if only for a little while.

Shihad said:
Well i dunno if this has been said, but in Ultimate War, he like projects himself into that body which talks to Prof X about joining Magnetos side, i think it was issue 3 i dunno if you can count this as telepathic powers????

I think he was doing that by proxy through the bith lookin mutant thing and the Jonah Hex lookin guy. Sort of like a relay system.

Latest posts

Back