Alternate Realities.

the watcher

Sice we just had the arc Cross Over in the UFF. I was wondering if they'd ever do an other arc with another alternate reality. And I was wondering who you guys would want to see. Weather it one of the Mavel Universes, DC, Darkhorse, or what ever. Here a sit. that list some of the Marvel Universes:http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/appalte.htm#Omniverse
tell me what you think.

the watcher said:
Sice we just had the arc Cross Over in the UFF. I was wondering if they'd ever do an other arc with another alternate reality. And I was wondering who you guys would want to see. Weather it one of the Mavel Universes, DC, Darkhorse, or what ever. Here a sit. that list some of the Marvel Universes:http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/appalte.htm#Omniverse
tell me what you think.
I think you're missing the point. They didn't crossover with a Alternate Universe like 616 so fanboys could drool. I hope to God they never crossover with DC or whoever... people don't even want to see them with Marvel. So in short no one.

the watcher said:
tell me what you think.

There's an even more complete (though less official) listing of alternate realities here:

http://blaklion.best.vwh.net/time_links.html

From my viewpoint, the Ultimate Universe is part of the Marvel multiverse - the crossover story proved that - and it does have a number, just like the main universe is numbered 616. There's no "physical" reason why reality hoping characters couldn't interact with the Ultimate universe - however there's a world of difference between "couldn't" and "shouldn't", and I think it would not do the Ultimate universe any favours if interdimensional interaction became as common there as it is in 616.

Stuart said:
There's an even more complete (though less official) listing of alternate realities here:

http://blaklion.best.vwh.net/time_links.html

From my viewpoint, the Ultimate Universe is part of the Marvel multiverse - the crossover story proved that - and it does have a number, just like the main universe is numbered 616. There's no "physical" reason why reality hoping characters couldn't interact with the Ultimate universe - however there's a world of difference between "couldn't" and "shouldn't", and I think it would not do the Ultimate universe any favours if interdimensional interaction became as common there as it is in 616.

I think you just opened a can of worms.... I thought we were distinctly told the Ultimate Universe was not in anyway connected to the other universes and couldn't be reached.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think you just opened a can of worms.... I thought we were distinctly told the Ultimate Universe was not in anyway connected to the other universes and couldn't be reached.
It's an opinion of how the continuity exists, not a definitively approved answer of how things are.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I thought we were distinctly told the Ultimate Universe was not in anyway connected to the other universes and couldn't be reached.

I don't think so...

thee great one said:
If Archie can meet the punisher, then any universe can crossover.

That's a sig if I ever saw one.

TheManWithoutFear said:

If they can reach the zombie reality, which is much closer in tone (minus the zombie bit, naturally) to 616, then in theory they can reach others. Is this an official position - e.g. one I ran past Marvel editorial? No. Just mine (and some of the other Handbook writers). All it really means is that the Ultimate universe does have a number (1610), given (and approved by editorial) back in the FF Encyclopedia. However, I also personally agree that I don't have any great yen to see the Ultimate universe crossover with 616.

Stuart said:
If they can reach the zombie reality, which is much closer in tone (minus the zombie bit, naturally) to 616, then in theory they can reach others. Is this an official position - e.g. one I ran past Marvel editorial? No. Just mine (and some of the other Handbook writers). All it really means is that the Ultimate universe does have a number (1610), given (and approved by editorial) back in the FF Encyclopedia. However, I also personally agree that I don't have any great yen to see the Ultimate universe crossover with 616.
In my understanding, at least, the zombie reality was really for this one story, which was used to piggyback the new marvel title off the popularity of Millar and UFF. If it had been a response to feedback, it would have taken a lot longer to put together.

Personally, I'd like to keep the Ultimate Universe seperate. No enormous reason, just a personal preference to keep continuity as simple as it is and other dimensions never fail to mess things up.

Stuart said:
If they can reach the zombie reality, which is much closer in tone (minus the zombie bit, naturally) to 616, then in theory they can reach others.

I thought that's what multiverses were all about. Universes were part of multiverses but not necessarily connected. So that if the UU and the Zombie Universe were in the same multiverse, they would be accessible to each other, but if 616 is in a different multiverse, they might not be accessible to each other.

Of course, my understanding of multiverses could be wrong.

And I can't believe this is the first time someone has mentioned that the UU does have a number.

All right Stuart thanks. I just thought I heard somewhere the big whigs say it wouldn't happen but you'd know more than I would. I personally don't want to see a crossover unless it's a tightkept Exiles one. Even that would be in the Exiles title and wouldn't be essential to the Ultimate Universe.

I prefered the "The UU has its own Multiverse" theory. It made the UU feel special, rather than the UU being just another alternate universe in the Marvel Multiverse. :sick:

Lynx said:
I prefered the "The UU has its own Multiverse" theory. It made the UU feel special, rather than the UU being just another alternate universe in the Marvel Multiverse. :sick:

Exactamundo.

Lynx said:

I agree completely...

Although to be fair, (i think i said this before), but...

What does one call Multiple Multiverses?

I wouldn't mind explorations of other dimensions or alternate realities, but not the same batch that the Exiles visit every so often.

to be honest though, an effective Ultimate Alternate Universe that runs under the same theory of the House of M universe.... could be VERY interesting.

I mean, Ultimate Magneto would probably go so far as to completely annhilate humanity...

And Ultimate Nick Fury as the underground leader of the resistance, could make a great lead character to the arc....

But we'll see.

UltimateE said:
I thought that's what multiverses were all about. Universes were part of multiverses but not necessarily connected. So that if the UU and the Zombie Universe were in the same multiverse, they would be accessible to each other, but if 616 is in a different multiverse, they might not be accessible to each other.

Of course, my understanding of multiverses could be wrong.

And I can't believe this is the first time someone has mentioned that the UU does have a number.
Even if two universes are not in the same multiverse, they can reach each other; it just happens less often. Marvel and DC anyone?

Also, its worth noting that, as it currently stands, just because the Ultimate Universe has a number, it doesn't mean that it is automatically part of the same multiverse as 616. We deliberately didn't use numbers given officially in other comic lines when assigning numbers to the various Marvel realities, so for all anyone knows, the numbers apply to all the universes in the Omniverse, with (thus far) no repetition, and no way of telling by the numerical values which numbers belong to which multiverses.

Latest posts

Back