Spider-Man Amazing Spider-Man #583...I am so ticked off about this!

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
It's sold out!
You can't get it any where b/c idiots all over the world went out and bought multiple copies and are all trying to sell it for hundreds of dollars on ebay!

I just want the regular first edition non-variant cover issue and the cheapest I can find even that one is for $20.00 + shipping on ebay!

bah! :mad:

And it's mainly because of the Obama back-story too . I Find it funny how this is getting so much press over
Batman's "death" in final crisis

Last edited:
Dude, wait a little while and it'll be second-printed out for you at the cover price.

Alternatively, download a copy from a pirate site until you can pick up the issue for cover price.

And it's mainly because of the Obama back-story too . I Find it funny how this is getting so much press over Batman's "death" in final crisis.

I hope I didn't just get spoiled for a major comic event by another company in a Spider-Man thread.

I hope I didn't just get spoiled for a major comic event by another company in a Spider-Man thread.

maybe...sort of
i don't think anyone knows if he's actually dead or not yet. At least I don't

Grocer Man said:
Dosen't Obama collect Spider-Man comics?

he does?!?? well, then i take it back...it's definitely worth the money! :roll:

It's sold out!
You can't get it any where b/c idiots all over the world went out and bought multiple copies and are all trying to sell it for hundreds of dollars on ebay!

I just want the regular first edition non-variant cover issue and the cheapest I can find even that one is for $20.00 + shipping on ebay!

bah! :mad:

See, this is why I always go to my store when it opens. I grabbed mine and two minutes later they were all gone.

Dosen't Obama collect Spider-Man comics?

He either does or did. I know he had said that he's a Spider-Fan.

Last edited:
yeah, but Wednesday is my busiest day at work, I work into the evenings. So i pick up my comics on Thursday at the earliest.

I have a membership at my LCS with the ability to have my pull list set aside for me every week...i just haven't done it. Now i know. And the next time the first Black President of the USA has a backup story in Amazing Spider-Man the week before he is annaugurated, I'll be ready.

I actually bought the 1st edition regular cover off ebay this week for my collection...I'm so weak!

EDIT: by the way, what happens in this issue? (besides Barak Obama being in a back-up story)

Last edited:
so it arrived today and i read it, it was a nice story. I want Peter and MJ to get back together eventually, but i wouldn't mind Pete and Betty going out again in the mean while.

so it arrived today and i read it, it was a nice story. I want Peter and MJ to get back together eventually, but i wouldn't mind Pete and Betty going out again in the mean while.

I have no doubt in my mind that they will get back together. It's just going to take some time. Mostliklly they'll be back together sometime before the next movie.

I got my Obama variant 1st printing. Hooray! I don't even read ASM. But I requested it the week before it came out and my LCS guy pulled me copy. He is so awesome.

Whenever anything good comes out he always grabs me a copy. Like Captain America #25. I just called and said "hey Andy, can you grab me a copy of Cap #25" and he grabbed me not the newsstand copy, but a sweet McGuiness Variant.

I guess that is one of the benefits of getting my comics from the same guy for almost 20 years.

Andy Battaglia of Comics Etc in Rochester NY. Finest comic shop in the land!

I'm glad the manager of my LCS is a kid I used to pick up from elementary school when I was in high school. Despite the 25% discount, he also makes sure I get my pick of variant covers. So yeah, I got the Obama cover. It's pretty sweet.

I'm glad the manager of my LCS is a kid I used to pick up from elementary school when I was in high school. Despite the 25% discount, he also makes sure I get my pick of variant covers. So yeah, I got the Obama cover. It's pretty sweet.

What were you doing picking up elementary school kids? :sure:

Latest posts

Back