Amazon Pricing Glitch 2010

Re: The Marvel Omnibus thread

I ordered 6 Omnibuses (Omnibii?)
5 of them I ordered 2 copies of.

Amazon contacted me and dropped the numbers to 1 of each, but is honouring the prices for 1.

Great!

I canceled some of them and reordered them at the 8 dollars prize tag. I hope that wasn't a mistake.

Looks like they are honoring some of the orders and some not. I haven't received confirmation either way on any of mine.

My orders were canceled because the items are now out of stock. :(

LOOK WHAT I GOT:

Photo10.jpg

Yay!! :D

My order? Also cancelled.

On the plus side, my copy of the Criminal Hardcover was printed left-to right, unlike Ice's 'Mirror, Loeb-inspired 1:10000000 variant' :)

My copy of Criminal will be here tomorrow. It's the only book in the whole order that was fulfilled.

My orders were canceled because the items are now out of stock. :(

Same here. :(

It gets worse. The fallout from this is worse than having orders canceled.

There are regular books that were priced at $14 that were pretty close to the actual selling price for Amazon, including several preorder books. People grabbed these types of books too, either thinking they were getting a great price or just because they were buying a bunch of other books. So there are a bunch of books that I had preordered that, at least for now, I have no chance of getting. One of those is the second volume of Hickman's Fantastic Four, but there are many others.

I hope that all of the preorder pricing error orders were cancelled because they have less of an obligation to fulfill those orders, but I'm not counting on it. There are a ton of books now that I really wanted (as opposed to books I ordered when the pricing was wrong that would have been nice to have at that price, i.e. Wolverine Omnibus) that I probably won't be able to get at Amazon's (normally awesome) price. Huge bummer. This affects my comic buying in a major way, because that's where I buy 99% of my books. I can buy more because the price is lower. If I have to go to a comic store and the discount is less (or not discounted) I'm going to miss out on a ton of stuff I wanted.

My copy of Criminal will be here tomorrow. It's the only book in the whole order that was fulfilled.

It gets worse. The fallout from this is worse than having orders canceled.

There are regular books that were priced at $14 that were pretty close to the actual selling price for Amazon, including several preorder books. People grabbed these types of books too, either thinking they were getting a great price or just because they were buying a bunch of other books. So there are a bunch of books that I had preordered that, at least for now, I have no chance of getting. One of those is the second volume of Hickman's Fantastic Four, but there are many others.

I hope that all of the preorder pricing error orders were cancelled because they have less of an obligation to fulfill those orders, but I'm not counting on it. There are a ton of books now that I really wanted (as opposed to books I ordered when the pricing was wrong that would have been nice to have at that price, i.e. Wolverine Omnibus) that I probably won't be able to get at Amazon's (normally awesome) price. Huge bummer. This affects my comic buying in a major way, because that's where I buy 99% of my books. I can buy more because the price is lower. If I have to go to a comic store and the discount is less (or not discounted) I'm going to miss out on a ton of stuff I wanted.

If it's any help, I grab most of my online books through talesofwonder.com. All their books are at least 30% retail. So if the comic board has sold out you can check there.

You can try and ask for money back if you're an *******.

Amazon doesn't owe anyone anything. It was a glitch that we all took advantage of. All of these people that tried to order 10 copies of an omnibus and then complaining about not receiving them and then attempting to get money back are *******s.

I'm disappointed - but only in the same way as when you find a $100 bill, and then seconds later realize the guy next to you dropped it. He certainly doesn't owe me $30 for giving it back.

You can try and ask for money back if you're an *******.

Amazon doesn't owe anyone anything. It was a glitch that we all took advantage of. All of these people that tried to order 10 copies of an omnibus and then complaining about not receiving them and then attempting to get money back are *******s.

Just read that. That's unbelievable. I was struck particularly incredulous at the guy in the forums there on the first page of the thread who was justifying it by talking about how he ordered instead of working and his time is valuable and blah blah blah.

If you call Amazon to ***** about this with the intent of getting money for it, you are a supreme ******* of the highest degree. The sense of entitlement people have is astounding.

Without asking for it or contacting them in any way over my canceled order, I just received an email from Amazon saying they're giving me a $25 credit to my account to make up for the canceled order.

Amazon is so awesome. I hope they get the listings straightened out so I can reorder the books that were canceled.

Shop at The Comic Board Store, people.

On the plus side, my copy of the Criminal Hardcover was printed left-to right, unlike Ice's 'Mirror, Loeb-inspired 1:10000000 variant' :)

Post of the Day. :lol:

Without asking for it or contacting them in any way over my canceled order, I just received an email from Amazon saying they're giving me a $25 credit to my account to make up for the canceled order.

Amazon is so awesome. I hope they get the listings straightened out so I can reorder the books that were canceled.

Shop at The Comic Board Store, people.

Post of the Day. :lol:

I also got the $25 credit. I wonder what I should get...

Yeah, I too got $25 credit. Amazon didn't owe me anything. They really are the best.

I am confused. Around noon, Amazon e-mailed me saying my other two trades shipped. Two hours later they e-mail me again saying the order is canceled and they applied a $25 credit to my account. The thing is, the tracking number on the package is still active.

EDIT:

Just saw on Amazon that the package was shipped from PA close to 6pm. So maybe I'll still get them?

Last edited:

I am confused. Around noon, Amazon e-mailed me saying my other two trades shipped. Two hours later they e-mail me again saying the order is canceled and they applied a $25 credit to my account. The thing is, the tracking number on the package is still active.

EDIT:

Just saw on Amazon that the package was shipped from PA close to 6pm. So maybe I'll still get them?

Probably. It sounds like they are fulfilling portions of some orders.

Latest posts

Back