Amazon Pricing Glitch 2010

Barnes & Noble's website is having the same issue with some of the same books!

Re: The Marvel Omnibus thread

I am not getting the ones I relisted.

But I went and purchased one of them from a used seller anyway because if I didn't now, the price would skyrocket.

I got the Death Of Captain America today. Iron Man is on it's way as is the normal HC's I ordered.

I also got the 25 credit which I used to buy Blurays.

Do I wait until they restock most of these items or do I just spend my credit on DC TPBs?

CBR's Robot 6 details more about this:

Retailing | As the "buy" buttons for titles from Diamond Book Distributors slowly begin to reappear on Amazon.com, Simon Jones offers additional commentary on last week's "price glitch" that affected both that online retailer and Barnes & Noble: "... Questions still remain: how did this happen in the first place, why was it almost allowed to happen again at Barnes & Noble, and whether any direct financial burden might be heaved upon publishers? It's no exaggeration to say that DBD's immediate outlook may depend on how satisfactorily it is able to address these quandaries when it meets with publishers this week. Rightly or not, there are some justifiable jitters among its clients. Assurances must be made, anxieties must be soothed." [Icarus Publishing]

Is this guy a greedy **** or am I just jealous?

I can't believe another guy actually called up THREE times and not only got multiple credits but got all of his books for the glitch prices. These people are ridiculous.

I ended up spending my Amazon credit on Duane Swierczynski's new novel Expiration Date, The Filth TPB and Invisibles Vol. 1. I basically just had to pay for the shipping.

I can't believe another guy actually called up THREE times and not only got multiple credits but got all of his books for the glitch prices. These people are ridiculous.

I ended up spending my Amazon credit on Duane Swierczynski's new novel Expiration Date, The Filth TPB and Invisibles Vol. 1. I basically just had to pay for the shipping.

Oh, man. I am insanely jealous. I now feel strangely compelled to start complaining to Amazon (not that it'd do any good...)

I spent the money they gave me on the New X-Men (Grant Morrison's run, of course) trades that I didn't already own. Somehow, this isn't as satisfying as getting the four or five omnibuses I ordered initially.

Those New X-Men Ultimate Collections are still pretty awesome though. I got them for Christmas and still need to read them.

I am waiting for the Bendis/Maleev Daredevil run to be collected in that form... I saw the first one listed on Amazon but I don't think there was a release date.

I owned the first New X-men Hardcover already, though, and now I have the second two Ultimate Editions. It nicely collects the entire series, but I dislike that it doesn't match on my shelf. These sorts of things matter to me. I also already own Daredevil in a combination of trades and hardcovers, which also do not match on my shelf. I'd love to have a few sleek, sexy Ultimate Editions instead, but buying them would not be fiscally responsible. Or whatever.

I really need Diamond to have another pricing glitch. And actually send me my **** this time.

He's a greedy ****. I hate that there are people like him in the world, taking advantage of people in that manner. It's one thing to jump on an opportunity, especially if it's not immediately clear that it's a mistake. It's another to be an entitled jerkoff about it.

Those New X-Men Ultimate Collections are still pretty awesome though. I got them for Christmas and still need to read them.

I am waiting for the Bendis/Maleev Daredevil run to be collected in that form... I saw the first one listed on Amazon but I don't think there was a release date.

It was in the latest solicitations.

Latest posts

Back