AMC to create Preacher TV series

I'm not incredibly psyched merely because Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are producing/adapting it. While I find their comedy moderately funny, I'm unsure how well their talents will translate to this.

However, the source material is strong, and if they're smart they'll stay faithful to the original comic storyline, so I do expect the final product to be pretty good, maybe even great.

Please, guys, don't *bleep* this up.

Please, guys, don't *bleep* this up.

I REALLY want this to be good. But, I am not optimistic. If it were being developed for HBO or Showtime I'd feel better. But for a regular cable channel I am a bit worried how they will translate a lot of the material as its really not even pg-13. It's straight up R rated. If it gets watered down for TV its just not the same.

I REALLY want this to be good. But, I am not optimistic. If it were being developed for HBO or Showtime I'd feel better. But for a regular cable channel I am a bit worried how they will translate a lot of the material as its really not even pg-13. It's straight up R rated. If it gets watered down for TV its just not the same.

Was Breaking Bad PG-13 though? It didn't feel like it, Breaking Bad may not have been as hard core as say Game of Thrones, but it was at least a soft R, rather then a PG-13. A lot of the violence and language seemed R rated in that show, maybe not the sex, but I wouldn't say the show was PG-13.

I do have some faith in AMC in this matter, I just would hope Seth Rogen wouldn't mettle to much with the source material. He ruined Green Hornet for me in that movie, so I am hoping he doesn't change things too much to fit his style of story telling.

Though I do wonder if some aspects of the source material would be too controversial for AMC, some of the characters seem like they could cause a real stir. I also wonder if it wouldn't be for the best, if they made it a period piece and set the whole show during the 90s. The Grail's plan seemed to based around the beginning of the new millennium.

Though I do wonder if some aspects of the source material would be too controversial for AMC, some of the characters seem like they could cause a real stir. I also wonder if it wouldn't be for the best, if they made it a period piece and set the whole show during the 90s. The Grail's plan seemed to based around the beginning of the new millennium.

That is my concern. I'm not so concerned about the violence, although a lot of that is way over the top, but some of the other stuff, ie the religious stuff, the odd ball sex stuff (Jesus de Sade) etc. But we will see. I am excited for this and I hope it doesn't disappoint. .

Was Breaking Bad PG-13 though? It didn't feel like it, Breaking Bad may not have been as hard core as say Game of Thrones, but it was at least a soft R, rather then a PG-13. A lot of the violence and language seemed R rated in that show, maybe not the sex, but I wouldn't say the show was PG-13.

I do have some faith in AMC in this matter, I just would hope Seth Rogen wouldn't mettle to much with the source material. He ruined Green Hornet for me in that movie, so I am hoping he doesn't change things too much to fit his style of story telling.

Yeah, I think making it a period piece would be ideal. Apart from the millenial aspect, you have Arseface's story tied to Cobain's death. Even the tone and Ennis' style seems very much rooted in that era.

:D The big question is, who's gonna play Bill Hicks?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back