American Politics

Today, my History teacher said that I have "one of the greatest 'political minds' that he's seen in all his years of teaching".

Thank you Daily Show!!

Anyway, I turn 18 next summer and I'm actually excited about voting. And it's not just me. A lot of kids I know actually want to vote next year.

I'm going with Obama. He seems like a great leader, and I think he'll give a perspective to the Presidency that no other President has. Back when they revealed that Obama had practices Islam as a child, the regular FOX NEWS ****-ups were talking about how this-apparently-means that Obama is now a proven terrorist, but I was elated. The possibility of a President who actually has a rudimentary understanding of Islam? It's like I'm dreaming.

My AP US teacher likes to tell me that I have to ditch my Libertarian ways and start taking politics seriously. He's a really cool guy, but I don't see how I have to be a Rebublican or Democrat to be serious about politics. Even though I'm really not.

I'm going to be turning 18 next summer as well (actually, I think it was brought up before that our birthdays were within like, 15 days of one another)...and will be allowed to vote. As I said before, unless I've dramatically changed my belief system by then (unlikely) I won't be voting. I understand why people like Obama, and those FOX News idiots can go **** themselves, but he's not such a good Politician that he could get a vote out of me.

I'm from New york, so I would like to see some Rudy. Obama just seems like a lot of hype and talk. Which i guess is the sum of all politicians. Politics is point, imo. They just sit and do very little for a very big amount of taxpayer money.

I hate politician and politics, I even fail american politics (though thats because the professor sucked balls)

And I dont want Hilary as president, the only upside is that we would get more Darryl Hammond sketches as Bill

Last edited:
My AP US teacher likes to tell me that I have to ditch my Libertarian ways and start taking politics seriously. He's a really cool guy, but I don't see how I have to be a Rebublican or Democrat to be serious about politics. Even though I'm really not.

I think being a Libertarian is becoming a far more viable option in today's world. I wouldn't be surprised to see it become a contender against the Democrat and Republican parties.

As for the canidates. . .it's hard for me to pick. I find most of them far too weak to lead this country. On the Democrat side, the most likely canidates to recieve the nomination are Hilary or Obama. Hilary's alright, but her stance has changed. She went from being very liberal to being borderline conservative. Obama seems likable, but, as many have said, he doesn't have the experience.

On the Republican side, the most likely canidates are Guiliani, McCain and Romney. Guilliani seems to be too much of a Bush supporter, which I don't like at all. McCain, besides being fairly old, is a supporter of the war and I just can't see past that. And Romney is far too conservative for me to consider voting for him (And, to be honest, it's not likely he'll get the nomination because of that reason).

My personal favorite is Ron Paul. For a Republican, he's got a very Libertarian mindset. He's an advocate of limited federal government, he's against both the Patriot Act and the war, he follows the Constitution to the letter, he's a large advocate of low taxes (Going so far as to want to abolish the IRS) and he's pretty unshakable in his views. I doubt he'll get the Republican nomination, but I'd vote for him in a heartbeat if he did.

I think being a Libertarian is becoming a far more viable option in today's world. I wouldn't be surprised to see it become a contender against the Democrat and Republican parties.

Although you say this, I think that most kids I know don't know what a Libertarian is. :wink:

Then again, they don't know much beyond what happened in last week's episode of Dawson's Creek...

Although you say this, I think that most kids I know don't know what a Libertarian is. :wink:

:lol:

Actually, a lot of adults don't seem to know what it is either and that scares me. Still, from my point of view, the idea does seem to be gaining far more popularity.

I'm going to be turning 18 next summer as well (actually, I think it was brought up before that our birthdays were within like, 15 days of one another)...and will be allowed to vote. As I said before, unless I've dramatically changed my belief system by then (unlikely) I won't be voting. I understand why people like Obama, and those FOX News idiots can go **** themselves, but he's not such a good Politician that he could get a vote out of me.
Yeah, I see what you mean.

I'd vote for Mitchell Hundred if he ran for President. :D (I actually do think that that's how Ex Machina is going to end)
You do know that when he says you have a 'great political mind' he's calling you a devious bastard, right?
I like talking about politics, but I have absolutely zero interest in actually being a politician. I'm a terrible leader, I hate telling people what to do, I don't like to lie, and I don't think I could ever send anyone to their death. So that rules out politics for me.

Then again, they don't know much beyond what happened in last week's episode of Dawson's Creek...
Wow. That show hasn't been on in years. Wade are you an old guy who just poses as an angry teenager?

Wow. That show hasn't been on in years. Wade are you an old guy who just poses as an angry teenager?
oldman.jpg

What, seriously? I really need to catch up on my teen dramas. I could have sworn I heard some foul-mouthed-***** ranting on about that show a few days ago. Must have been some other mind-numbingly boring CW drama.

That said, I guess I'm just pretty behind on stuff like that. I'd rather have a firm grasp on my Political beliefs than know about television I hate anyway. You see what I did there? I got back on topic. I know you saw, and I want you to be aware that doing **** like that...it isn't easy.

And as viable as Libertarianism is becoming...I, sadly, don't think a serious movement would ever take off. At least, not in my lifetime.

I like talking about politics, but I have absolutely zero interest in actually being a politician. I'm a terrible leader, I hate telling people what to do, I don't like to lie, and I don't think I could ever send anyone to their death. So that rules out politics for me.
Well, I'm tempted to believe you, but then again you were called a devious bastard by your teacher. So now I don't know what to think.

Other than being a terrible leader, that would be the perfect politician.

Well, I'm tempted to believe you, but then again you were called a devious bastard by your teacher. So now I don't know what to think.
To be fair, he said I could be a great political writer.

And as viable as Libertarianism is becoming...I, sadly, don't think a serious movement would ever take off. At least, not in my lifetime.
You know what the biggest irony is? I think the most believable way that people would become comfortable with Libertarian ideas would be to see them in practice -- in a movie.

On that note, a new film adaptation of Atlas Shrugged is currently being produced.

What, seriously? I really need to catch up on my teen dramas. I could have sworn I heard some foul-mouthed-***** ranting on about that show a few days ago. Must have been some other mind-numbingly boring CW drama.
Yeah, sure thing Ou-san.
Other than being a terrible leader, that would be the perfect politician.
He's being modest. He's the perfect leader.
To be fair, he said I could be a great political writer.
Back tracking already. He was right, you're a born politician.

Last edited:
Back tracking already. He was right, you're a born politician.

Now that I think about it, I don't even have a History class. I deny any knowledge of the existance of "History" and plead the 5th on all related questions.

Latest posts

Back