ANGEL: After the Fall (Spoilers for fifth season finale)

So, I bet Gunn was turned into a vampire in the series 5 finale and becomes the Big Bad for "Season 6."

It is clear that he isn't going to survive from all of those nasty wounds he has...but he could still be around as a pretty awesome villain.

Vampire strength and power, Lawyer knowledge, Street skills.

That's my guess.

Spike probably went somewhere else, as did Lorne.

I expect to only see anything from Evil Gunn, Angel, Illyria...and possibly Connor. We'll probably get some cameos from Lorne, Angel, and possibly even Harmony. Joss may also use the comic medium as a way to bring back Doyle in some capacity.

So, let me get this straight, you are trying to tell me that Angel: After the Fall (Season SIX) comes BEFORE the end of Angel: Season FIVE?

Now I've seen it all.

Someone ban this chump.

Um...no, that's not at all what I said.

I was guessing at what would happen in After the Fall before After the Fall came out...and I wasn't all wrong either.

Also, calling people chumps with whom you don't agree is pretty hostile--as is calling for their banning!

It's especially silly when you very obviously are responding to a fairly ancient post that you clearly didn't understand.

Who do you take me for? BigBadGoblin?

Finally caught up reading this, issues 4-6.

Issues 4 and 5 were really good. The reunion of Team Angel, the big fight for Hell A, Wesley's hidden agenda that he is trying to fight, and dun, dun, DUN! the return of
Fred.
Also, the revelation that Angel
is now human because now is exactly the time when he didn't need it instead of it being the Shanshu Prophesy was great.
What started off mediocre is really taking off.

Until issue 6, the interlude called First Night. It wasn't bad, per se, but it felt like a retread. We learned all about the
Illyria/Fred
problem last issue, so Spike's story was redundant. We learned what Lorne's been doing two issues ago, so Lorne's story was redundent. And, as much as I like the new and improved Connor, his story didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. So far, I'm not impressed. This SHOULD have been the first issue, not the sixth, especially if they were planning on revealing all of this over the course of the regular series. I am looking forward to Spike: After the Fall, to see how Spike and Illyria became the Lords of Beverly Hills, but I can't wait until we get back to the main AtF issues.

Last edited:
I read this.

And it sucked, hardcore.

The points I hated the most?

The dragon didn't know it was being used and after a 2 minute talk with Angel, it knows it's being used and joins his side.
The fact Angel is now human, with hardly any explanation. And a jump from that height would have killed him, as well as most of the injuries he gets throughout the issues.
The fact the trade ends in the middle of the fight. Just ends. Boom, here's all the covers we did.
Wolfram & Hart are STILL THE BAD GUYS! What the hell, we can't have new bad guys here?

The fact Angel is now human, with hardly any explanation. And a jump from that height would have killed him, as well as most of the injuries he gets throughout the issues.

I recall hearing he still has partial powers, he's super strength but not his healing

From what I understood, he only has powers gifted to him from Wolfram & Hart magical devices.

WITH NO EXPLANATION.

Good, I wish I didn't read it, and left it when he said, "Let me kill the dragon."

First off, ANGEL After the Fall is season six, not season five.

Now, issue #14 spoiler:
Mooney mess up at on page 2, panel 2. It's supposed to be dragons round Groo, with a dragon saying "Something does not want us there!Oh, This could lead to my first death! Finally I see what all the Hoi Polloi is about! It is to wonder, though, why that building?

I like the plot, but the dialog and art make everything seriously confusing. And after Urru left to do Spike, the art has been absolutely atrocious. Spike: After the Fall, however, was great.

I got 1-15 plus all of Spike after the fall today. I read a couple of issues of Angel plus All of spike's. So far I'm loving this and I'm dying to find out
Why angel said he's not a vampire anymore
in the last angel one I read at the end.

The most recent one was awesome. The deaths, Gunn's insanity, Illyria, Angel's realization. . .classic Angel. Honestly, I think reading this all at once (Along with Spike: After the Fall) is the way this was meant to be read.

I am not, however, looking forward to Aftermath. Werecats? Not plotted by Whedon? The art style? Bleh.

The most recent one was awesome. The deaths, Gunn's insanity, Illyria, Angel's realization. . .classic Angel. Honestly, I think reading this all at once (Along with Spike: After the Fall) is the way this was meant to be read.

If that was issue 15 with
conner's
death then I just got up to there. And I agree. I've read 1-15 plus all of Spike after the fall today. I read a couple stopped then started back up and kept reading and reading and reading and now i've finished. Can't wait for next two issues to see how it ends.

Also When spike got staked I stopped for a second saying "wait did they just kill spike? ..... they did" :( but then he was alive again thank god. Also I really hate that fish. I didn't like him Spike Asylum or in Shadow puppets (assuming those two are non-cannon based on inconsistencies, but god damn it that fish is annoying

Since this is going on and season 8 of buffy is in comics any chance they'll do a cross-over comic? I really want to see Angel and Spike meeting Buffy again and hopefully their childish fighting would come out again.

Part 16 = bull****!

Basically part 1-15 never ****ing happened. Gun as a vampire gone, Conner's death .. gone. What the ****? I' sorry but them remembering it isn't another you basically just erased the entire comic series. The only way that could have been worse is if Angel woke up in his bead and Conner stepped out the shower.

Still I shall get part 17. 1) to complete it. 2)in hopes they do something really good in it.

Latest posts

Back