Annihilation Event

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
annilhilation.jpg

Marvel Comics has stars in its eyes as it announces the impending approach of ANNHILATION, a major new comics event. ANNHILATION, beginning in March '06, encompasses a prologue one-shot, four 4-issue limited series, and a 6-issue concluding limited series. The universe itself provides the stage and the backdrop.

Outer space-based characters were once a mainstay of the comics industry, especially in the 40s and 50s, but except for a brief revival in the 70s have never truly been given much in the way of a well-deserved focus. Marvel Comics has a unique and diverse stable of strange space-faring heroes and villains whose time has come to shine once again. But can they survive ANNHILATION?

"The basic idea is that we've got a ton of cool space characters that have been under used--and to a certain degree misused--for several years," notes Marvel editor Andy Schmidt. "They're fantastic characters that just need to be dusted off and thrust into some new stories that give them a chance to shine. They should and can be great to read about. And during ANNHILATION, they will be."

The scope of the new event is as wide and expansive a space itself:

ANNHILATION: PROLOGUE – written by Keith Giffen (Legion of Super-Heroes, Justice League, DRAX THE DESTROYER, HOWLING COMMANDOES) and art by Scott Kolins (AVENGERS, MARVEL-TEAM UP) and Ariel Olivetti (Space Ghost). Kolins says: "Working with Giffen is a dream come true. His plans are amazing and I'm ecstatic to be drawing this prologue. It's gonna rock!"

SILVER SURFER – written by Keith Giffen and art by Renato Arlem (IMPERFECTS)

SUPER-SKRULL – written by Javier Grillo-Marxuach (ABC's "Lost", The Middle Man) and art by Greg Titus (Syn, ICEMAN)

NOVA – written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning (Legion of Super-Heroes) and art by Kev Walker (EXILES)

RONAN THE ACCUSER – written by Simon Furman (DEATH'S HEAD, TRANSFORMERS UK) and art by Jorge Lucas (INHUMANS, COLOSSUES: BLOODINE)

ANNHILATION – the 6-issue coda to the event that gathers all the players together, written by Keith Giffen!

Read the rest by clicking on the link.

Re: Annihilation Event.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Dam Del'Otto is so goooooood.
I have to say he's in my top 5 for artist of the year. I dont care what anyone says.

Dell'Otto makes Nova look cool.

Last edited:

This entire thing sounds like Marvel trying to one-up Seven Soldiers of Victory. A one-shot to launch a bunch of small minis that focus on under-used characters that culminates with (instead of a one-shot) another mini.

I'll probably give them a fair go, as I should think they might not be too bad.

Bass said:
This entire thing sounds like Marvel trying to one-up Seven Soldiers of Victory. A one-shot to launch a bunch of small minis that focus on under-used characters that culminates with (instead of a one-shot) another mini.

Isn't that what Marvel and DC have been doing for years? See All-Star titles vs. Ultimate titles (even if the AS are limited series instead of ongoing). ;)

Bass said:

Agreeing with you and Entropy.

Bass said:

I also noticed that Marvel as been badly copying DC latly. With the sucess of Infinite Crisis and Seven Soldiers. Decimation read like the Countdown issue. This who side are you on thing that is building over a half a year is the same thing with Infinite Crisis. I will probaly still give this a try.

thee great one said:
I also noticed that Marvel as been badly copying DC latly.
Lately? Guess you didn't see Joe Q. say that the companies see what each other is doing and do their own thing, or someting like that.

I know everybody draws ideas from everyone but this is straight up ripping off.

I can't have a serious discussion without someone bringing up the spelling. You know what I meant. Get over it.

thee great one said:
I know everybody draws ideas from everyone but this is straight up ripping off.
Or so you may think.

thee great one said:

I can't have a serious discussion without someone bringing up the spelling. You know what I meant. Get over it.
Calm the hell down. Not everytime someone corrects you, means you're being made fun of.

icemastertron said:
Calm the hell down. Not everytime someone corrects you, means you're being made fun of.

To be honest, mate - you guys rip on him about that a lot. I can't tell when you're making fun or not.

Bass said:
Thats the first thought that popped into my head when I read "ANNHILATION – the 6-issue coda to the event that gathers all the players together."

I probably won't pick this up because, to be honest, none of these character interest me. But if any of the minis turns out to be good, I might pick it up.

DIrishB said:
So, um, who's the green guy with the knives?
After some deep and serious research into this paticular matter, I have come to the humble conclusion that he is, in fact...

YO MAMA!!!

Latest posts

Back