Anyone Computer Savvy?

I asked on tumblr and got the same responses. As of a few minutes ago, it has been ordered. Exciting!

I asked on tumblr and got the same responses. As of a few minutes ago, it has been ordered. Exciting!

Oh noes!! Cancel ur orderz!! Macs are teh sux!!

*eyes the room and loves on her 15" MacBook Pro* What? Someone had to do the patented PC "hacker" response.

Seriously though, you should be happy with your MacBook. If you need help setting up, or troubleshooting don't be afraid to ask.

You've just increased Apple's power tenfold!

I am incredibly happy with my Macbook.

I have a Macbook Pro and love it. I can't see me going back to Windows any time soon.

Photoon2010-01-15at0923.jpg

I did not expect it to arrive so early.

This is definitely going to take some getting used to.

Oh and Moonie, if it's needed, you can install Windows on your MacBook.

I am aware!

I'm getting used to this. I've always been a little afraid of macs because I'm so unused to the interface but I'm figuring things out pretty quickly. My fingers will have to adjust though...

Yeah, there's a bit of a learning curve. I went from Apple IIe as a kid to PCs most of my adult life, even was a front line engineer for Microsoft (Windows 2000/XP), then I got an iBook from JTG when he upgraded. The first thing I had to learn. "Red button doesn't quit out an application, must "Command + Q" to quit". That and getting used to DMGs and how to install/uninstall apps.

Ok, I'm having a computer problem. I been borrowing my brother's hard drive. See he's a DJ and he lost one of his biggest gigs. So in his spare time (looking for more work) I borrow his hard drive to copy some of his songs.

Now for some reason, some of this songs refuse to stay in the file I put them in. I put them in my music folder and the next day they be in a unknown file with no title just track listing. Is there anything you guys know, that I can do to fix this??

Ok, I'm having a computer problem. I been borrowing my brother's hard drive. See he's a DJ and he lost one of his biggest gigs. So in his spare time (looking for more work) I borrow his hard drive to copy some of his songs.

Now for some reason, some of this songs refuse to stay in the file I put them in. I put them in my music folder and the next day they be in a unknown file with no title just track listing. Is there anything you guys know, that I can do to fix this??

Are you using music management software (i.e. iTunes) that is set up to automatically organize your music files? If so, disable that option.

Are you using music management software (i.e. iTunes) that is set up to automatically organize your music files? If so, disable that option.

I'll have to check this out later. I have to go to work, but thanks.

I'll have to check this out later. I have to go to work, but thanks.

More details: iTunes, if so enabled, will organize your music files by automatically creating directories and subdirectories based on the ID3 tags of the MP3/et al files. The also rename the files to something like "(track number) - (song title).mp3". It sounds like this is what's happening with your files. I would think this would happen every time you open iTunes and it detects new files in your music folder.

My computer randomly tells me it isn't connected to the internet, when it actually is, since I could be talking to Ice via MSN or watching a vid. It won't let m e back on to other pages without restarting my computer.

Any ideas?

It might be a problem with your browser. Try another one, like Safari or Opera, and see if you still have the same problem.

Latest posts

Back