Anyone recomend any good action games?

K-R-A-T-O-S

I'll agree with that. Kratos is so badass, he can fight gods as a mortal. And win. Snake is close, though.

As for Codename 47, blah. He loses points because his games are mediocre.

Oh, and how did this thread go for 10 months without a mention of Ninja Gaiden? You think Devil May Cry is hard. . .play some NG. Either Black or Sigma is fine.

Last edited:
As for Codename 47, blah. He loses points because his games are mediocre.
What are you all talking about? If you only played the first game, Hitman: Codename 47, then that might make sense, but every installment after that was actually good (not to mention 'playable').

In fact, the Hitman franchise is notable for having started with a bug-ridden flawed product and then went to super-cool on the second installment, winning what most people would say was "Most Improved Franchise".

But then again, I guess nobody likes playing a stealth game that actually forces you to be stealthy, as opposed to a game where stealth is 'optional'.

What are you all talking about? If you only played the first game, Hitman: Codename 47, then that might make sense, but every installment after that was actually good (not to mention 'playable').

I've played most of them, actually. I just think they're average.

Okay now this just became a stupid My Favorite Video Game Character is Better Than Your Video Game Character thread.

Which is pretty much what happens to most of the video game threads anyway.

Ninja Gaiden is an awesome game.

I never beat it. I got stuck on the helicopter.

But I plan on getting Black.

Don't you own a PS3/are planning to buy a PS3? Get Sigma! It's much better! And if you have a 360/plan on getting one, Ninja Gaiden II comes out next year!

In fact, the Hitman franchise is notable for having started with a bug-ridden flawed product and then went to super-cool on the second installment, winning what most people would say was "Most Improved Franchise".

But then again, I guess nobody likes playing a stealth game that actually forces you to be stealthy, as opposed to a game where stealth is 'optional'.

I tried Hitman 2 and hated it. It's annoying when you play a level for thirty minutes then someone blows your cover because you're not wearing the right hat, then you die and have to start it all over again.
I watched someone else play it and blow through a level in ten minutes just by shooting everyone. If you want stealth then I suggest the Splinter Cell series.

Some game series I wish they would improve/change would be the Dynasty Warriors and Tenchu games. Oh and Bloody Roar.

Some game series I wish they would improve/change would be the Dynasty Warriors and Tenchu games. Oh and Bloody Roar.
Bloody Roar is a great idea that seems to never be consistently good.

Which is a shame, because I love playing as Yuriko the Rabbit.

Bloody Roar is a cool game, i wish more fighting games would work **** like that into themselves

like a werewolf in MK or something (they have vampires already)

Bloody Roar II for PSone is probably one of my favorite fighting games of all time. It was everything a sequel should be, but after that they got lazy.

In the US Alice is the Rabbit and Uriko was the "half-beast" (RE: a kitty cat). My favorites were Uriko, Yugo (wolf), Long (tiger), and Stun (insect).

In the US Alice is the Rabbit and Uriko was the "half-beast" (RE: a kitty cat). My favorites were Uriko, Yugo (wolf), Long (tiger), and Stun (insect).
Oh yeah, my mistake.

I haven't touched that game in like half a decade, and my brain is over-crowded by the thousands of games I've been playing since the Coleco Vision and Apple ][.

I also like the bat-girl, simply because her opening and finishing dialogue was complete high camp.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, my mistake.

I haven't touched that game in like half a decade, and my brain is over-crowded by the thousands of games I've been playing since the Coleco Vision and Apple ][.

I also like the bat-girl, simply because her opening and finishing dialogue was complete high camp.

I'm a freak for being able to remember all the names and whatnot (Bat-girl's name was Jenny by the way).

I liked the chameleon guy's (Busuzima I think) victory pose where he got on his back and humped the air.

I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time again, which is ****ing awesome.

It's main flaw is that after you've been taught all the basic combat skills of the game, the combat will be pretty much the same for the entire game. It's 'repetitive' in the same way Max Payne is.

But that said, it's just awesome that an action game character can have so much environmental mobility. It's like playing as some sort of Arabian Nights version of a comic book superhero --- leaping from wall to wall, swinging from bars, leap-vaulting over foes and flipping away into safety.

I also love the close-to-cheesy earnestness of the story's presentation, with the Prince chiming in to comment on events as a storyteller. Once you gain the ability to rewind time and suck up sand creatures into your dagger, the Prince says, "I can see in your eyes that you do not believe my story."

It's a nice little touch --- that the Prince has to convince you of the reality of his amazing adventure, EVEN as you are the one re-enacting it with your mouse/keyboard/gamepad.

I'm sure most of you who have played this franchise's sequels (Warrior Within, The Two Thrones) might not be as enamored as I am, but when you look at this game, it got everything right the first time around.

I'm sure most of you who have played this franchise's sequels (Warrior Within, The Two Thrones) might not be as enamored as I am, but when you look at this game, it got everything right the first time around.

Oh no....the first game of the trilogy, despite the repetitiveness of the combat, was brilliant. True storytelling at it's finest.

The sequel was different. The freedom fighting engine made it interesting and fun...but the story itself lost that sentimental, personal touch. Plus the soundtrack was distracting.

The third recognized all the flaws of the second and rectified it by returning to the first format while keeping the fighting engine. It's great and I'm replaying it now.

Oh no....the first game of the trilogy, despite the repetitiveness of the combat, was brilliant. True storytelling at it's finest.

The sequel was different. The freedom fighting engine made it interesting and fun...but the story itself lost that sentimental, personal touch. Plus the soundtrack was distracting.

The third recognized all the flaws of the second and rectified it by returning to the first format while keeping the fighting engine. It's great and I'm replaying it now.
I actually played the second game without reading ANY reviews.

I knew there was something wrong when in his first 'boss' battle against Witchblade, the Prince yells, "*****!"

I actually played the second game without reading ANY reviews.

I knew there was something wrong when in his first 'boss' battle against Witchblade, the Prince yells, "*****!"

You just couldn't handle it because it was in your face and EXTREME TO THA MAX!

Although if you didn't play it all the way thru you missed a small gem of the game where you're being hunted and the you have to rush thru the puzzle/obstacles to escape the Dhahaka. It was fun and the sense of urgency was thrilling. The fluidness of the motions thru the chase was was really great.

Latest posts

Back