ArachnoMan Variant issue

eroz

I just picked up my issues on my pull list. I thought I would have gotten this issue for $2.25 instead it was $14.99

anybody else pick this issue up and how much did you get it for?

What are the differences? I haven't compared it with the regular issue.

What is it? I have no idea what in the world it is... Is it supposed to be a trade? It sounds like it's a tpb.

I got 2 of them, each for $9.00. One to keep, one as a prize on this site once I figure out a cool enough contest. :D

What it is is Ultimate Spider-Man #54, except whenever they reference the movie Spider-Man they changed it to Arachnoman. And in the original #54 when Peter visits the set it shows the "real" Spidey and the "movie" Spidey side-by-side...in the Arachnoman variant the "movie" Spidey is replaced with Arachnoman, who is in a green & yellow suit. Other than that, some of the dialogue is different to make it make more sense.

I believe retailers had to order a certain number of the new Amazing Fantasy #1 to qualify to buy the Arachnoman variant, much like the Astonishing X-Men variant. Not sure how many.

I'm not entirely sure why they decided to do an Arachnoman variant. I read at first that it had something to do with being an alternative in case they could get some sort of permission to use the Spidey movie from Sony or whomever or the people involved. I noticed that Avi Arad's name is changed to Griffin Foster, so that's probably what it is.

That's some kinda strange... You're probably right about Sony... They seem kind of restrictive. I mean, Toby Maguire was on Oprah one time and she mentioned that he should get the original suit of Spider-Man's and he cracked that he would have to fight Sony in a legal battle for it and that Oprah would probably get it before he actually did. Tough cookies, Toby.

Had to do some searching, since the two comic stores in town, including where i place my holds, didn't have it. But nothing a 20 minute drive didn't erase. And got it for cover price too! $2.25.

Had to do some searching, since the two comic stores in town, including where i place my holds, didn't have it. But nothing a 20 minute drive didn't erase. And got it for cover price too! $2.25.

Cool! So what did you think?

Honestly, I haven't read it yet. I finally got a hold of the first three trades, so I read up to where I have the issues up to the Carnage arc. I'm only on #33 so far. I'll get back to you on that.

i got it. i paid more than the cover price but didn't mind.

i thought it was fun and a good idea to do it whether the licensing rumors are true of not. i'd be interested to see if they would consider releasing the rest of the hollywood arc in this manner.

i hope to get it at the toronto comic con coming up soon

You shouldn't have to pay more than $10 or so for it, so be careful.

Let us know what you think. And welcome to the site. :D

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it and hope to see you around often!

Latest posts

Back