Assembling the Greatest

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
I am in the process of assembling the greatest cartoon series for my child to watch. Since we don't have cable and I refuse to let him watch stupid shows of brightly colored people dancing around a room singing with a Moose's head about the downfalls of drug addiction and sex in public places.

Ramble down. **** the Waggles, wiggles, or whatever is the newest fad.

So far, here is what I want to acquire:

0-6 years
Tiny Toons
Gummi Bears
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

6-10years
Animaniacs <---EDIT: Bought
Darkwing Duck
That insane Football Knights of the Round Table show
The Looney Tunes
Ben 10
Powerpuff Girls
Teen Titans

10+
Justice League <---EDIT: Bought
Superman: The Animated Series <---EDIT: Bought
Batman Beyond
Batman: The Animated Series
Beast Wars
Spider-man

Last edited:
The Looney Tunes Show is hilarious and awesome, at the same time.

Also, Adventure Time.

Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures. It's awesome and crazy and it was produced by Ralph Bakshi and animated by Bruce Timm and Jon Kricfalus and a bunch of other righteous dudes who helped solidify the nineties kid's cartoon boom.

I always had a soft spot for Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers too.

Avatar: The Last Airbender, Batman: The Animated Series, Beast Wars and Teen Titans.

Last edited:
I broke it down to what I think would be good age groups.

Phineas and Ferb I have never heard of, as well as Adventure Time. Could you give me a two sentence description on why these are awesome?

I remember not liking Pinky and the brain that much.

I broke it down to what I think would be good age groups.

Phineas and Ferb I have never heard of, as well as Adventure Time. Could you give me a two sentence description on why these are awesome?

I remember not liking Pinky and the brain that much.
...You're wrong man. Pinky and the Brain is one of the greatest cartoons ever.

Phineas and Ferb is about two brothers who construct insane devices to while away their free time on summer vacation. Their sister tries in vain to bust them and their pet platypus is a secret agent fighting the evil Dr. Doofensmurtz. Its great, but you kind of have to watch a few episodes to get into it. It really builds on itself well.

Don't know if ypu've heard of the band They Might Be Giants. If not, you should check them out. In addition to their great normal/adult music they have really great kids albums/dvds. Here comes the ABC's, Here Comes the 1,2,3's and my favorite Here Comes Science. When I have children these will for sure be on the movie shelf.

Oh yeah, they also have a few songs in Tiny Toons.

Last edited:
On the topic of awesome bands with material aimed at kids, I hear the new Aquabats TV show is pretty great.

Don't know if ypu've heard of the band They Might Be Giants. If not, you should check them out. In addition to their great normal/adult music they have really great kids albums/dvds. Here comes the ABC's, Here Comes the 1,2,3's and my favorite Here Comes Science. When I have children these will for sure be on the movie shelf.

Oh yeah, they also have a few songs in Tiny Toons.
That episode was awesome.

Hell, Tiny Toons was pretty awesome.

X men cartoons got weird near the end, however, Spider-man is a good call and will go into the pre teen category.

Chip and Dale is a good choice, never watched Tailspin myself though. Was it good?

Latest posts

Back