SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Red 5 Comics has announced that the company's debut title will be "Atomic Robo" by renowned creator Brian Clevinger and artist Scott Wegener. The first issue is expected on shelves October 10, 2007 and will be available for pre-order this August.

The title follows the larger-than-life exploits of "Atomic Robo," an automatic intelligence created by famed inventor Nikola Tesla in 1923. Robo finds himself entangled in some of the 20th century's most important events – from the Second World War, space race and civil rights movement, to the defense of Earth against all manner of catastrophes.

Clevinger is best known by legions of online fans as the creator of webcomic phenomenon, "8-Bit Theater," which boasts over 100,000 visitors daily. He is also the author of the acclaimed super-hero comedy novel, "Nuklear Age."

more info here http://www.red5comics.com/?p=60

This may or may not be worth checking out but it has me interested and looks like it could be fun

I MUST READ THIS.

Stay in capitals already.

Last edited:
I will very likely possibly have the thought of purchasing this maybe.

Because 8-Bit Theater managed to make me laugh three time a week.

Yay, Mole!!! Guess i should've searched this out first. :D

So I finally dug these out and read them on your suggestion in the All About Comics thread. Actually I've read the first 2 so far.

And I like it! He *is* kind of Nextwave Aaron Stack-ish but not as....crude? It's pretty funny and so far very clean without being lame...I could let my kid read this.

My favorite line so far is from #2: "They're giant marauding bugs. There's only one way to stop them -- BUICKS!"

Thanks to Dan for the recommendation. I'll read the rest and post more later.

So I finally dug these out and read them on your suggestion in the All About Comics thread. Actually I've read the first 2 so far.

And I like it! He *is* kind of Nextwave Aaron Stack-ish but not as....crude? It's pretty funny and so far very clean without being lame...I could let my kid read this.

My favorite line so far is from #2: "They're giant marauding bugs. There's only one way to stop them -- BUICKS!"

Thanks to Dan for the recommendation. I'll read the rest and post more later.

Yaay! I'm so glad! And they just recently announced it'll be an ongoing in the fall!

If anyone feels like it, you can read this blog post by the writer, Brian Clevinger, about what he promises will NOT be in his comic. It's awesome.

Some simple rules

I busted out laughing at this. :lol:

I might have to check this out.

With my 900TH post :)rockon:) i am pleased to announce, as requested, the first trade collection of one of my favorites series will arrive in stores June 11th!

Red5 June Solicits

With my 900TH post :)rockon:) i am pleased to announce, as requested, the first trade collection of one of my favorites series will arrive in stores June 11th!

Red5 June Solicits

:rockon:

I'm there.

I haven't read #6 yet - I saw that it just came out.

Plus there's an original story coming out on FCBD '08.

Are you otherwise caught up, E?

I've read #1-5 so far. I have 6 but haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Latest posts

Back