Authority #3 never coming out

http://www.newsaskew.com/2007/08/07/wizard-interview-smith-talks-with-bendis/

The pages are scanned in here.

Smith: There is no way to follow some of the stuff you did on that book
Bendis: The brubaker stuff is pretty good, you should check it out.
Smith: but what's the point?....Do I want to follow what you guys did? Sh-- no, people would just be like "Well this ain't as good as bendis's stuff" and they would be right you did some wonderful things with that book.

Either Smith's brownnosing loads or Bendis has edited the interview in a clever way. Either way it's not what I expected the interview to read like

I thought Smith was pissed at Bendis about something or other.
It actually sounds like he's trying to absolve himself for not finishing it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's making excuses.

It just seems to me that Smith saying all that out loud is his way of saying trying to attach some sort of resignation to the whole ordeal, to his own work ethic as if those two things are beyond his control, rather than be actually personally accountable. It's like he's being contrite, but not.

Kevin Smith said:
I had a very laissez faire attitude about it because Ias a comic book reader was not one of those dudes that got really uptight if a book as late, because books come out every week. If a book that I'm reading doesn't hit the week that it's supposed to come out, I've got other **** to read, but that's not the attitude that ... you should really want for yourself as a comic book author.
I find this faintly hilarious, if only because this is almost word for word the same reasoning he used to defend his tardiness, only when he said it three years ago, he also said "I don't understand what the big deal is!"

Of course, now he's reiterating this in a CONTRITE manner.

I just read this.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=121034

THat's from 2 months ago, but it at least means we're gonna get some Authority. I don't think I've read anything by gage, except maybe a midnighter issue. What do people think about all this? The armageddon really doesn't sound like anything too new (I know he says it's Days of Future past inspired but I really don't think that makes it ok) and why did they call it armaggedon when that was the last WS event... but the authority vs. stormwatch could be, I actually prefer the premise here to the whole of Marvel Civil War.

EDIT: Actually that's not true I liked the premise of civil war, just not the execution

Last edited:
The Smith/Bendis interview gave me the Rage. The continual feeling of that interview was 'writing comics is a fun hobby'.

Rage.

Last edited:
The Smith/Bendis interview gave me the Rage. The continual feeling of that interview was 'writing comics is a fun hobby'.

Rage.
Please don't infect me.

I just read this.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=121034

THat's from 2 months ago, but it at least means we're gonna get some Authority. I don't think I've read anything by gage, except maybe a midnighter issue. What do people think about all this? The armageddon really doesn't sound like anything too new (I know he says it's Days of Future past inspired but I really don't think that makes it ok) and why did they call it armaggedon when that was the last WS event... but the authority vs. stormwatch could be, I actually prefer the premise here to the whole of Marvel Civil War.

EDIT: Actually that's not true I liked the premise of civil war, just not the execution

Gage is very solid. He's done some DC work with Deathstroke of all characters (doneit well too. He's the only modern writer I'm happy with writing him) and his Wildstorm work is even better. He's got a great handle on the universe.

He's a hell of a nice guy too. I've got some signed comics he sent me as a thank you for giving out some Stormwatch PHD issues to try and get people on board.

Too late. By quoting him, you are teh infected, too.

I would count, if I got the series. But I don't, so I'm safe.
STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY FROM ME!

GRAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

*bites a chunk out of Ice's neck*

STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY FROM ME!

GRAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

*bites a chunk out of Ice's neck*

Oh god we're not starting UC: Zombies are we? Cause there's no way I'm redoing cartoons to have zombie counter parts... all though I could conceivably do that... but no.

Latest posts

Back