Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes (spoilers)

This show has done the Secret Invasion storyline that the comic should've done. Brilliant writing and pacing. It technically starts at the end of season 1's 26th episode, but the actual story goes through 1-12, with some aftermath happening in the 13th episode. It might continue on (the aftermath), but I'm up to the 13th episode, which Spider-Man guest stars.

The U.S. airings is up to the 9th or 10th episode, but in Australia, the series has finished.

I agree. I've only seen Season 1 and the first few episodes of Season 2, looking forward to seeing the rest of Season 2 as I've been told it's better than the first.

Yes it is definatly better than the first. I love how the skrull invasion is portrayed

I have to say, I'm rewatching this series right now on Netflix.

This is so much better than Avengers Assemble.

And I miss Venom Melendez and Iceshadow.

I used to like it but then butthurt fans made me hate this and The Spectacular Spider-Man by association. Sort of like how when you and your friend are tight in freshman year and then he doesn't change but he hangs out with questionable people and you view him differently and slowly drift apart.

I didn't really care for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (that's a whole different post for a different time) but the admittedly incredible theme song introduced me to one of my favorite rock bands: Bad City. They're kind of a mix of different rock styles from the 1960's to mid 2000's, Queen meets Smashing Pumpkins meets KISS meets Cheap Trick meets, well, I could go on forever. Unfortunately they only released one album, Welcome to the Wasteland, before breaking up. KISS member Paul Stanley highly praised it. I'm sure their song Call Paul Stanley had little to do with that :p

[video=youtube;8QHLSWmjdg8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QHLSWmjdg8[/video]

Last edited:
One of the few things I didn't like about Earth's Mightiest Heroes was it's humor trying too hard to be "subtle". A lot of the jokes seemed they would fit right in with a CW drama, compared to the wit and cleverness the DC animations have.

I think Avengers Assemble does the humor amazingly (minus the food jokes *shudders*). The episode "One Little Thing" was funniest thing I've ever seen in a superhero show since Super Hero Squad, and a lot of people take that episode too seriously because "That never happened in EMH".

Here's an example of an attempt of subtle jokes:
Hero 1: You think we should call for back up?
Hero 2: Yeah right. I can handle this.
*more bad guys show up*
Hero 1: You were saying?
Hero 2: Noted.

That's not funny. That's generic and bland. Sadly, EMH had a lot of that.

Last edited:
I agree. The dialogue was always dull for me but I had nothing I enjoyed to compare it to at the time so I dealt with it.

Guys, I swear I didn't make another account. I'm also still not E.

Last edited:
You both be crazy.

Of course not. He has good taste. :wink:

Game-of-Thrones-confused-gif.gif

:lol:

Well, let me put like this: I think the dialogue/humor in EMH seemed more "realistic", compared to Avengers Assemble's "comic-booky" way of speaking.
I always liked the kind of humor Man of Action has in their shows. It's almost like an "in-between" of the two types of humor you normally see: Full-out wacky kid's show humor, and just relying on the subtle emotions and wit of the characters.

I forgot this show adapted The Ultimates 3. What was the general consensus on that?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back