Avi Arad spills on New Marvel cartoons.

thee great one said:
**** the Hulk remake.

I hate this guy.
Agreed, They should hold off that idea for another 10 years before they even consider this. GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!

Though I've always been in favor of remaking bad movies into good ones.

I don't have a problem with a Hulk remake, although I'd have rather them gotten it right the first time.

His dad growing huge at the end...it was a little ridiculous.

I agree. If they didn't like what they saw, weren't they part of the people who was reviewing the script?

I personally prefer a sequel. It would confuse casual viewers too much if we get a remake so early. Besides, Hulk wasn't a movie horrible enough to warrant a re-do.

E said:
I don't have a problem with a Hulk remake, although I'd have rather them gotten it right the first time.

His dad growing huge at the end...it was a little ridiculous.

I want you to think about that statement very hard in the context of this conversation.

Its a comic book movie...of course there will be ridiculous elements to it. What was any more or less ridiculous of that compared to the Goblin's glider in the Spider-Man movie, or how about the fact they sent a moto-bike rider (Johnny Storm) into space on a dangerous mission? You want to talk about ridiculous, I've got a list.

The point is, given the source material it comes from and the story its telling, its really not that ridiculous in comparison.

Hibiki said:
yeah...it was. It sucked grundle.

I disagree. I think many people hate on the Hulk movie because its the "kool" thing to do. It was different, yes, and didn't follow the comic history as accurately as the other Marvel movies, but it certainly didn't suck. It tried to set a more moral and emotional undertone to the character, which I appreciated. Whether or not this was successful is obviously still argued, and I tend to think it didn't, but I don't think it failed miserably either.

DIrishB said:
I disagree. I think many people hate on the Hulk movie because its the "kool" thing to do.

I agree completely. Now to say Elektra was a bad movie.....that is totally true. But even with that statement---I still own it...and watch it like once a month.

I think people hated Hulk because they were expecting something different. I think everyone was expecting this big action flick with Hulk running amok across America. Instead they got internal conflict of Banner with Hulk getting out and causing some damage. People wanted action...and they got a drama with some action.

I didn't like the Hulk because it was boring and stupid.

Especially the dad-Absorbing Man thing.

DIrishB said:
Its a comic book movie...of course there will be ridiculous elements to it. What was any more or less ridiculous of that compared to the Goblin's glider in the Spider-Man movie, or how about the fact they sent a moto-bike rider (Johnny Storm) into space on a dangerous mission? You want to talk about ridiculous, I've got a list.
Qua? Did you miss the part about Ben *****ing about Johnny's behavior while at NASA, including bringing two Victoria's Secret (I believe) models back to the training complex and managing to crash the flight simulator into a wall?

ProjectX2 said:
I didn't like the Hulk because it was boring and stupid.

Especially the dad-Absorbing Man thing.

Ditto. I don't care what a bunch of snobby Hulk elitists (man, how sad is that) think about it.

Latest posts

Back