AXIS Discusion w/Spoilers

Re: AXis (Fall 2014) (Rick Remender)

And on the other side we have...

Transit-Poster-Screenshot-e4884.jpg

Last edited:

Odd group

Especially considering who the villains are. Goblin and Carnage, but no Spidey.

Red Skull-Onslaught seems to be the prominent villain, but there's only Thor from the Uncanny Avengers.

Ah well, I'm interested to see what this is about and how it ties into Uncanny Avengers.

Odd group

Especially considering who the villains are. Goblin and Carnage, but no Spidey.

Red Skull-Onslaught seems to be the prominent villain, but there's only Thor from the Uncanny Avengers.

I doubt that's all we'll see from either the Avengers and X-Men, considering its just a cover, and we don't even know if it's a wraparound cover.

Ah well, I'm interested to see what this is about and how it ties into Uncanny Avengers.
Since Onslaught Red Skull is there, most likely due to the 7 timelines thing from the first arc.

Last edited:

oh, hey! It says Axis whichever way you look at it! I love stuff like that!

EDIT: I'm definitely interested, but selling anything as "kind of a Michael Bay movie" is not helpful.

Last edited:

More news today from New York, via CBR:

"October will see the debut of "AXIS" – the Avengers/X-Men crossover promised by Marvel earlier this year. The story will run from October to December, and will include some characters not associated with either franchise. The main book will be a nine-issue series written by Rick Remender with art by Adam Kubert, Leinil Yu, Terry Dodson and Jimmy Cheung. Regular series will also tie in to the book, including Remender's "Uncanny X-Men" as well as "Magneto" #9 and "Loki: Agent of Asgard" #6. Brevoort said this story does not mark the end of Remender's super story stretching back to "Uncanny X-Force.""

Last edited:

I stopped caring about or buying big crossover events like this a while ago, but I am naively optimistic for this. Mostly because Remender.

I really don't want this to happen. Lately it feels like every time I really get into a Marvel book they make it the center of some big event and it ruins it for me. I really don't want Uncanny Avengers to be ruined, and I don't want to have to buy a bunch of other books. One of the reasons I really like UA is that ALL I HAD TO BUY WAS UNCANNY GOD DAMNED AVENGERS!

On the heels of the X-books being cancelled rumors, via Bleeding Cool:

It seems that the concept of Axis, reflecting (pun intended) the mirror image look on the covers, will see the Red Skull basically flip the traits of the heroes and villains…. so bad guys become good guys, and good guys become bad. They spin on their axis, hence the title.

But as for the rumour about the X-books being cancelled, instead I am told by the people telling me the above, that there will be plenty of long lasting effects for mutants as a result of the series – and lots of books for those effects to play out into.

Sounds like a better implementation of what they tried to do with Dark Avengers.

Sigh. Is it really just going to be DC does something and then Marvel does it better from this point out?

Latest posts

Back