Back to the future the video game!

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
June 9, 2010 - Telltale Games, the leading independent digital publisher and developer of episodic interactive entertainment, today announced a multi-year, two-title video game development deal with Universal Partnerships & Licensing. Telltale Games has secured the rights to create video games based on two of Universal Pictures' most popular intellectual properties, Back to the Future and Jurassic Park. The first game released under the agreement will be a Telltale Games "season" based on the successful Back to the Future series of films.

From their official site : http://www.telltalegames.com/nbcuni/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QByEE_0QY_s&feature=player_embedded#! At around 00:50 = universal teaser (not much)

but still Back to the Future on ps3! :D Awesome news

All I can think about is whether a rumble-feature in the controller is horribly inappropriate.

According to their official survey there is 4 options they are considering.

1)
June 11th, 1968… Weaving their way through the peace protestors outside the courthouse, Marty and Doc surreptitiously use Doc's temporal scanners to look for the mssing objects scattered through time by the wreck of the Time Train. After a number of dangerous encounters with riot police and hippies, there's only one artifact left… the remnants of the train's flux capacitor... repurposed as a peace necklace.. around the neck of a VERY pregnant Loraine McFly. Marty suddenly remembers that he's going to be born tomorrow…

2)
May 12th, 1986. After stopping Biff Jr. from getting in a fight with his time-displaced son, Marty leaves the dance floor and sneaks into Strickland's office, looking for the keys to the detention hall. He doesn't know how three teenagers from 2010 got their hands on a time-travelling Delorean, but the most important thing now is getting them locked up in one place before they mess up everyone's
Future…assuming they haven't already…

3)
June 18th, 1938. Young Emmett Brown is about to announce his engagement to gold-digging young woman, turning his back on scientific pursuits forever. If Marty and Doc can't bust into the party and get a singular Jules Verne novel into his hands, Emmett will never invent the time machine, a possibility too horrible to contemplate. Maybe they can sneak in with the swing band…

4)
November 5th, 2010. Working together, Teen Marty, Doc, and Present Day Marty finally corner the man who made off with Doc's Time Train. While they argue about what to do with the well-intentioned time-hopper, a scary black vehicle appears out of nowhere. A familiar bulky presence steps out and confronts them. 'Detective Tannen, Temporal Preservation Squadron.' I'm afraid you're all under arrest'…

I hope you get to go to the Enchanted Fish Under The Sea dance or whatever it's called.

EARTH ANGEL
EARTH AAAANGEL!

I thought this thread was about the original BTTF game.

[video=youtube;y306cWw98a4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y306cWw98a4[/video]

Well, if it's Telltale Games, then it will probably be a point and click adventure.

That would actually suit back to the future as It'd bee cool interactive story. I was saying this the other day to people as I have their "Tales of monkey Island" (i love the monkey island games) but here positive things about "Sam & Max"

As driving would only work for the DeLorean and possibly hoverboard. Platformer could work but wouldn't really suit. Action would suck as BTTF had little action. Sandbox wouldn't work. Shooter , hooror , music ,, sports all not work at all.

But "point and click" would work like say this :

[video=youtube;jP5uDNhOiPg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP5uDNhOiPg[/video]

It keeps the click and point stuff ideas but you can freely walk around. There is inventory you pick up and use items in new ways (something Marty did all 3 films) It keeps the story the central point, mixes in comedy. You also beat people in funny ways on it. E.g dropping a barrel on a plank to make them fall off ship.

I really hope though they get the original voices back. Though that may be too big a budget for a download game

I got a pretty interesting idea, for a sandbox BTTF game. What if you could choose the time to travel at will? Some plots will require you to go to a specific time. Think about the same location just redesign for different generations. Say you have Dinosaur time - Ice Age- Just nature - Native Americans - Colonial Settlers - Wild West - Early 1900 - 50s - 60s and 70s - 80s - 90s - 2000 - 2010 That may sound too ambitious but let me explain. All you have to do is design the basic geographical structure then modify it for each time period. NPC appear and act the same just different style clothing, vehicles, and buildings. So basically if you type in the Delorean any date between 1950-1959 everything appears almost the same, and certain dates have important events. I think that's totally possible

Last edited:
That would actually suit back to the future as It'd bee cool interactive story. I was saying this the other day to people as I have their "Tales of monkey Island" (i love the monkey island games) but here positive things about "Sam & Max"

Sam & Max is pure, undistilled awesome.

Sam & Max is pure, undistilled awesome.

I want to try them and may soon. You should try Tales of Monkey Island on ps3. It's awesome (not played pc or wii versions but from footage looks like they can't walk around with ease like ps3 added for control pad)

I got a pretty interesting idea, for a sandbox BTTF game. What if you could choose the time to travel at will? Some plots will require you to go to a specific time. Think about the same location just redesign for different generations. Say you have Dinosaur time - Ice Age- Just nature - Native Americans - Colonial Settlers - Wild West - Early 1900 - 50s - 60s and 70s - 80s - 90s - 2000 - 2010 That may sound too ambitious but let me explain. All you have to do is design the basic geographical structure then modify it for each time period. NPC appear and act the same just different style clothing, vehicles, and buildings. So basically if you type in the Delorean any date between 1950-1959 everything appears almost the same, and certain dates have important events. I think that's totally possible

Not that it's quite as impressive as your pitch here, but please play the Hill Valley Mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Hands down the most awe-inspiring and fan-servicing mod for a game, I've played in my life.

Not that it's quite as impressive as your pitch here, but please play the Hill Valley Mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Hands down the most awe-inspiring and fan-servicing mod for a game, I've played in my life.

Yeah, basically what I'm thinking but with freedom to choose date. I'm thinking that could also be level select. Like if you want to play a level again just go to the certain date to replay

Latest posts

Back