Bagley to leave Ultimate Spider-man after issue 110?

Lithium

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
1,543
Location
Boise, ID
Noooooooooooooooo! Bagley is by far the best artist there could be for this title. Hopefully Brooks WILL replace him though.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Interesting, but it's the wrong guy leaving. No offense to Bendis, but USM's problems right now are in the writing, not the art.
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
16,964
Location
On The Edge
Lynx said:
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=81688

Acording to CSN, it seems Mark Bagely is leaving USM after issue 110. That's one hell of a run and, despite the run's ups and downs, Bagely will be missed. :cry:

'Bout time.


Goodwill said:
Put him on either UFF or UXM and be done with it... :) As long as I still have him around Marvel, I'll be happy!

Ugh x a billion. Seriously. :neutral:

Bagley's an ok artist...but I don't wanna see him on any other Ultimate line. Ever. It's not that I don't dig his art.....but there are so many other better artists out there to throw into the UU rather than his meh work.


Lithium said:
Noooooooooooooooo! Bagley is by far the best artist there could be for this title.

Again....I'm gonna disagree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...but Bagley's art has ALWAYS been the one thing that has steadily hindered the book for me. I dug Bendis early work on the series but always hated the art.

Ice said:
I hope Mark Brooks takes over.

That's what I'm hoping for....but I'd like for his work on the title to mirror the art he did on Annual#1 and NOT Annual#2. Brook's work on #2 seemed as if he was trying to imitate Bagley's.

E said:
Interesting, but it's the wrong guy leaving. No offense to Bendis, but USM's problems right now are in the writing, not the art.

YAHTZEE!!!

DIrishB said:
Agreed. Still, it will be nice to see a change, assuming the next artist is even half as competent as Bagley.

Agreed. I personally think that either Mark Brooks, Freddie Williams II would be great for the title.

Hell......I know not many would agree with me but I'd even like to see an arc or 2 done by Skottie Young. Just for something REALLY different.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Victor Von Doom said:
Hell......I know not many would agree with me but I'd even like to see an arc or 2 done by Skottie Young. Just for something REALLY different.
I like his art. Enjoy it very much.
 

Gouka Ryuu

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
65
Though a change up will be good I would have liked Bendis and Bagley to have been asked to leave earlier. Considering the work put out over the last few arcs, it seems that these two are just trying their hardest to beat that FF record that Lee and Kirby set. If I were Marvel I would make sure no run could ever be able to beat theirs, only tie it.
 
Last edited:

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
13,680
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Its too bad, I really liked his art in USM, I hope who ever replaces him doesnt screw up, It should definitely be Brooks. And I completely agree with E, Bendis should be the one to leave. Also what was the record they're trying to break, how many issues?
 

Lynx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
4,489
Location
Orlando, FL
Random said:
Its too bad, I really liked his art in USM, I hope who ever replaces him doesnt screw up, It should definitely be Brooks. And I completely agree with E, Bendis should be the one to leave. Also what was the record they're trying to break, how many issues?

104.
 

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
19,091
Location
UK
That sucks that he's leaving I love his art.

I hope they dont use the guy who did the "ultimate six" arc. I hated that art and it completly wrecked the bok for me.

How ever a realist art would be ok as long as they keep the same looks for characters.
 
Last edited:

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
16,964
Location
On The Edge
sjmole said:
I hope they use the guy who did the "ultimate six" arc. I hated that art and it completly wrecked the bok for me.

Huh??? :sure:

You hope they use the same art from the art you hate??? :?
 

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
19,091
Location
UK
Victor Von Doom said:
Huh??? :sure:

You hope they use the same art from the art you hate??? :?



lol ty i fixed it. I ment i hope they DONT use it.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
Hooray!

Now all we need is Bendis gone and this book might be great again.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
Yeah. This is good news to me...

Bagley's been getting lazier and more simplistic and his work just doesn't impress me like it used to.

I agree about Brooks, or even Williams II (if he isnt DC exclusive)
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
16,964
Location
On The Edge
Dr.Strangefate said:
Bagley's been getting lazier and more simplistic and his work just doesn't impress me like it used to.

Yeah.....I've been noticing that Bagley is reusing SEVERAL panels. Which isn't uncommon....but he's been using them from previous issues. I swear I was read some issue where Peter was sitting in class and had this huge outburst and Peter left the class in a huff. I've seen that exact same scene in like 3 different issues.

To me that's like 3-4 pages that could've been used for something else important to the story.

I wish I had my collection with me so I could go back and pull up those issues.



Dr.Strangefate said:
I agree about Brooks, or even Williams II (if he isnt DC exclusive)

I think he is......but aside from Brooks, Williams' fluid art would be perfect for USM.
 

Latest posts

Top