Bagley to leave Ultimate Spider-man after issue 110?

I don't read Ultimate Spider-Man, but I'm still bummed to hear Bagley's leaving. Why is that?

I guess it's just the end of a legacy.

The thing is, if another writer does take over, he won't be able to do much with the book, because Bendis has mixed his way throughout the entire thing. He's practically wasted the majority of Spider-Man characters, and if this book was to be made interesting again, it would require a very talented writer.

It's a shame, I've been pretty high on USM after the first two parts of the Clone Saga turned out so brilliantly... With that in mind, I'm willing to give Bendis a chance to keep going, but a great new artist is needed.

I agree with the guy who said no to Trevor Hairsine, primiarily because he's had deadline problems on every single project he's done at Marvel and is, at this point, having to face the fact he just isn't a monthly artist, and USM especially needs someone who can pump it out at least once a month.

Bagley IS my favorite comic artist. I know how a lot of you think that there isn't much to his art in comparison to others, but the way he tells a story throughout the panels is something I wish I could do. He conveys emotion without words, which strengthens USM in my opinion. In a lot of ways, the title will suffer because he's no long attached... It won't be the same even if Brooks is attached.

Thank god!

Bagley is good drawing landscape and super-heroes in their costumes, but when comes to real people it looks like if we remove the character's hair, all the faces are going to look the same.

I just dont know if the next artist will accomplish to do 2 issues in a month like Bagley.

I like Bagley, but reading interviews with him....he comes across like he doesn't like his job. I can't explain it, but if you read interviews with him there's just no enthusiasm. It's like it's a chore for him to draw comics.

The only real complaint I have about Bagley is that he's remarkably inconsistant with faces. I wish I had an example to give, but he will draw MJ, for example, totally different from one panel to the next. She'll look like a 16 year old as far as her facial features, then a panel later she'll look like 616 MJ.

110 issue, pretty much always on time. Bagley is the man!

I like his art, it fit the story well and he had a knack for depicting Spider-Man in a dynamic fashion.

Hope the next artist is up to the task.

i can't beleive it

bagley's gone i don't think this book'll ever be the same he will be missed i know there's better artists out there but he was pefect for this book

above anyone else the man to replace bagley is most definately brooks and on the contrary to what was stated before i would like the art to be more like the 2nd annual i liked the way he drew faces more

maybe bag's will move over to start the ultimate knight's story?

110 so thats one arc after the clone saga yeah now im almost certain that it will be the "death of the goblin" rumored arc it just feels like the perfect way to cap off the run starting with GG and ending with GG

good luck! Bagley!

ultimatedjf said:
In the words of Tony Danza:

"Sad news"

:cry:

Congratulations. I believe you are the first person to quote Tony Danza here.

That kinda sucks about Bagley leaving. He was one of my reasons for picking up Ultimate Spider-Man, I'm a big fan of his art.

E said:

I've quote Tony Danza a bunch of times. Why, I say "yeah," and "ok," and "this." I quote him all the time.

E said:

It's from "The Soup", actually when the host makes fun of the way Danza made inappropriate transitions from news about an exciting thing happening to a recent death in the news on "The Tony Danza Show." Example, "So hey, look at this, 'Bambi II', it's the second movie about Bambi, you know the deer from the first one? It's good, get it and watch it with the kids. Sad news: Dana Reeve died yesterday."

Quesada hinted that the person taking over the title would be someone that would be able to keep up with the schedule and, more importantly, win big with hardcore USM fans...

If that isn't a big "Mark Brooks" sign, I don't know what is. :)

Latest posts

Back