Batman: Arkham City (spoilers!)

Re: Batman: Arkham City

HNNNGH Catwoman.

game is looking great. it needs to be out, right now.

I liked Harvey's dialog in it. You don't usually see him portrayed that well in the comic.

Some shaky, slightly dumbass dialogue from Catwoman is redeemed by Two-Face who at least sounds an awful lot like Richard Moll (his voice actor from the animated series) and the welcome return of Conroy whose presence in these games continues to fill my heart with happiness and joy.

Aww...I can't wait for this.

Yeah, the Richard Moll voice is what I still use for most traditional Two-Face stories(especially Long Halloween and Dark Victory). I don't know why they didn't just get Moll but I'm glad this guy's doing his best to re-create it. Also, Alfred's in this? Awesome.

The lack of Efrem Zimbalist Jr(Alfred in the DCAU) seems to annoy me more than Moll or Barbeau (Catwoman from BTAS)'s absence. Conroy just doesn't play well off other Alfred-actors. This is true in Gotham Knights as well.

Last edited:

The lack of Efrem Zimbalist Jr(Alfred in the DCAU) seems to annoy me more than Moll or Barbeau (Catwoman from BTAS)'s absence. Conroy just doesn't play well off other Alfred-actors. This is true in Gotham Knights as well.

I had typed out my disappointment/confusion over the lack of EFj who was always spot-on, but thought meh, I'll wait and see what this guy's like(you don't hear him later in the clips, do you? I only watched the first half or so). I'd have wanted Barbeau by default too, but liked this voice just fine for her.

He sounds just like the generic ott-English accented Alfred that was in Gotham Knights, as well as the one in The Batman and the earlier episodes of BTAS. It's just a really stale, stereotyped voice; whereas EZJ actually sounded like a real person (and he was putting on an accent the whole time!).

I hope this doesn't mean Alfred replaces Oracle as Batman's info-broker. I thought she was great in the first one.

Planet-man said:
I do, and pretty much always prefer it that way, but it'll probably be a mix of the two. There are some advanced technological aspects now that I don't see Alfred tackling.

Alfred maybe old but he's VERY technological! & Oracle bugs me

I just think Oracle's such a great character and much more suited for the info broker role than Alfred.

Ridder's teaser.

[video=youtube;1TlWfnehkYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TlWfnehkYo[/video]

here's a video from the Japan expo. takes place just after the last gameplay video. (not great vid or audio)

[video=youtube;YiVIAcElUxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiVIAcElUxw[/video]

Just noticed a weird black line going through Robin's mask.

RobinsEyes.jpg

That's kind of annoying and pointless. I love the redesign other than this.

Last edited:

Just noticed a weird black line going through Robin's mask.

RobinsEyes.jpg

That's kind of annoying and pointless. I love the redesign other than this.

Oh that's what nitpicking means.

Edit: It also looks like they're going for a Saw thing with the Riddler. Cool.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back