Batman: Arkham City (spoilers!)

Re: Batman: Arkham City

check out this video. The player has to do a challenge where, she had to see how long she can stay above the city(gliding, grappling). This map looks huge.

[video=youtube;HopIsJI84U0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HopIsJI84U0[/video]

It is B:tAS Robin, because we (US Gamestop) get B:tAS Batman, and UK's Game (A subsidiary of GS) is getting Batman Beyond.

Yes, but the Batman Beyond skin is more like the comics version than the animated one. It'll probably be the BTAS one.

I hope all of these skins become available to everyone on Xbox Live eventually. The 'Dem Bones' challenge still isn't available for the first game.

Last edited:

Sinestro Corps Batman skin where you supposedly are able to use the Yellow Power Ring

Unfortunately, it's another bloody PS3 Exclusive, but it's now getting to the point where they're literally plumbing the depths for absolutely anything and everything people would ever want to do in a Batman game. I'm half expecting them to turn around tomorrow and announce a Speeding Bullets skin, (from that Elseworld's story where Kal-El landed in Gotham and became Batman) where you can play as Batman with Superman's powers.

EDIT: Oh no wait, I read it wrong. It says it will grant the players the 'yellow power of fear'. It doesn't actually say anything about the ring. It'll most likely just be another skin that doesn't actually do anything other than look cool. You can play through the whole story mode with it, though (I can't see why you'd want to).

On another note, nice trick by WB to get people to go out and buy Green Lantern on Blu-Ray even though it was probably going to flop miserably in that area.

Last edited:

Sinestro Corps Batman skin where you supposedly are able to use the Yellow Power Ring

Unfortunately, it's another bloody PS3 Exclusive, but it's now getting to the point where they're literally plumbing the depths for absolutely anything and everything people would ever want to do in a Batman game. I'm half expecting them to turn around tomorrow and announce a Speeding Bullets skin, (from that Elseworld's story where Kal-El landed in Gotham and became Batman) where you can play as Batman with Superman's powers.

EDIT: Oh no wait, I read it wrong. It says it will grant the players the 'yellow power of fear'. It doesn't actually say anything about the ring. It'll most likely just be another skin that doesn't actually do anything other than look cool. You can play through the whole story mode with it, though (I can't see why you'd want to).

On another note, nice trick by WB to get people to go out and buy Green Lantern on Blu-Ray even though it was probably going to flop miserably in that area.

All these add-ons are very cool indeed (and I'm extremely disappointed I won't be able to play as Sinestro Batman) but I'm just excited to get the Collector's edition to play as DKR Batman.

I just wish there was less skins of Batman "by x artist" and more skins of him in distinctively different suits. The DKR skin doesn't really do anything for me.

I wish they'd design some kind of all-black suit, even if it wasn't from any one specific movie (because I'm fairly sure they can't use anything that's specifically from the movies).

Finally pre-ordered this, after shopping around trying to find the best deal for the Collector's Edition. The price hasn't been 100% confirmed anywhere over here, except at HMV, who are selling it for €69.99 (everywhere else still seems to be saying '€79.99 subject to change' which I don't want to risk).

Sadly, the only exclusives it looks like I'll be getting is the standard stuff that's coming with the collector's edition (DKR skin, Iceberg Lounge map). I desperately want to get my hands on the Animated Batman and all of the Robin skins.

Also: You can play through the story mode again, with all of the upgrades you unlocked the first time around.

This is a massive positive for me. Not being able to do this has always been pretty much the biggest complaint I have with the free-roaming genre. You spend the entire game building to a particular set of skills and then...the story's over and if you want to keep using these amazing skills, you just have to drift around the map doing side-missions.

Last edited:

By far, my most anticipated game of the year. Can't wait till this hits.

One of mine too. That's why i'm buying ps3 day it's out. was seriously debating about waiting for Wii-u version but will buy both now

Last edited:

The amount of DLC for this game just makes me want to wait for the inevitable "Game of the Year" edition with all of it on the disc.

The amount of DLC for this game just makes me want to wait for the inevitable "Game of the Year" edition with all of it on the disc.

I'm trying to figure out some kind of elaborate way to pre-order it from everywhere offering all the different DLCs and just return it to different places until I'm left with the collector's edition and all of the DLC.

Yeah, me too....

I figure at least one of my friends will buy it, so I can just borrow it after a couple weeks then buy the special edition when it comes out.

Latest posts

Back