Batman: Arkham City (spoilers!)

Visited Calender Man for Halloween. I'm wondering if they're doing one of these conversations a month or if they're closer together so it doesn't take a full year.

Its actual holidays: Jan 1, Feb 14, Mar 17, Apr 1, and so on...

If you don't want to wait a year, just change the dates on your Xbox. Basically, go in and visit Calendar Man, then leave his room, go up the stairs, and out the back door of the courthouse (to initiate an autosave). Return to the main Xbox screen (console settings) to change the date to whichever one you need (I'd suggest starting at the beginning, Jan 1). Re-load the game, go back inside and speak to Calendar Man again... leave his room after speaking to him, return back outside to the backdoor of the courthouse (for the autosave), and exit the game/return to main Xbox settings screen, repeat... do this for every date and you'll get the achievement. I did it this way and it took me about 20 minutes. Now that you've already gotten the Halloween one, you should be able to check the calendar on the wall next to Calendar Man's cell to see what dates are still needed to get the achievement. The only really weird one is August 16 (the Feast of St. Roche?), but the rest are pretty typical known holidays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, etc.

So, I was about 50% done with the story mode when it wiped out all my data.

Pro tip: Always exit out to the title screen before you quit or this stupid mother****ing game may delete all your mother****ing progress...

I finished all the AR missions in my new game, though. Pain in the ass and you don't get anything for it. Suuuuuuuuck.

Is it the game or your Xbox? Sounds like a memory issue concerning the hardware, not the software.

It takes a full year.

No it doesn't. (See above).

I know the next one's Thanksgiving. I think I'll see if I can make it the whole year just for fun. It'd be great if they did a Long Halloween type DLC with Calender Man's crimes.

So....

Does anyone else feel like they're beating up Bender from Futurama when they're rocking thug face?

Alright! Done with everything in my first play except the Riddler sidequest.

So, what does everyone want to see in Arkham 3?

Alright! Done with everything in my first play except the Riddler sidequest.

So, what does everyone want to see in Arkham 3?

Vehicle missions and the ACTUAL Batcave (not the knock-off one we got in Arkham Asylum...I want the real Batcave with the giant penny, T-Rex, the Robin suit, etc)...

And I really need to be able to drive the Batmobile (even if its just a mission or two -- though I could see Batmobile / Batwing missions as being some very cool and drastically different type of side missions).

I can't really think of any Bat-villains who haven't been covered by the first two games I'd like to see in Arkham 3, though its pretty obvious Scarecrow will be at the center of it (or a major player anyway, at least on the surface based on the "secret room" in Arkham City).

My only other real "want" in a future Arkham game is a larger section of Gotham to traverse (especially if Wayne Manor and the Batcave could be visited).

Vehicle missions and the ACTUAL Batcave (not the knock-off one we got in Arkham Asylum...I want the real Batcave with the giant penny, T-Rex, the Robin suit, etc)...

And I really need to be able to drive the Batmobile (even if its just a mission or two -- though I could see Batmobile / Batwing missions as being some very cool and drastically different type of side missions).

I can't really think of any Bat-villains who haven't been covered by the first two games I'd like to see in Arkham 3, though its pretty obvious Scarecrow will be at the center of it (or a major player anyway, at least on the surface based on the "secret room" in Arkham City).

My only other real "want" in a future Arkham game is a larger section of Gotham to traverse (especially if Wayne Manor and the Batcave could be visited).

I've got a looooong list I may get to at some point.

But, **** Scarecrow. I'd like to see him, but what I really want is for
Harley Quinn
to become a credible threat, and if, as the experimentations in the previous games would suggest, and the next one will give us multiple playable characters in a Gotham Knights style thing,
a Harley/Ivy team-up could dovetail Batman and Catwoman's stories together nicely.

More importantly, I'm incredibly excited that
Joker can't hog the spotlight any more.
The problem with the past two games isn't that there haven't been enough villains. It's that the villains always get short shrift because of the aforementioned elephant in the room.

Oh, and give us a villain or two from Morrison's run. I'd piss myself if we got to see Professor Pyg.

As for the locales, I think there's a lot of problems in the idea of a more "open world" Gotham in that you have to find a way to incorporate pedestrians into the world. It could be done, but might take some work. I'd use the Arkham City map as the base, expand it on street level by having a "quarantined zone" that stretches out a couple blocks past the security walls, and then expand the scope of the subway/sewer systems so you can have penned in spaces (Wayne Manor/The Batcave, GCPD central headquarters, Wayne Tower, etc.) without having to deal with the trickiness of mapping out the entire city.

;) Or they could just move the setting to Santa Prisca!

Last edited:
New DLC featuring the Batcave. Coming out December 20th. See the first look at: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=50435

Well, looks like I got my wish for the actual Batcave, even if it is only a Predator map and not a part of the story. Still looking forward to it.

Also, I only just got around to playing the Nightwing maps. They're pretty awesome, one because they're set in Wayne Manor, and two because in my opinion, Nightwing is the best combatant in the game. He's fast, efficient, and able to counter better than any of the other three (Batman, Robin, or Catwoman). I was finally able to get the 50x Combo and Flawless Freeflow Fighter 2.0 achievements with him. I'd been trying for awhile to get both with the other characters, but always just coming up short (getting 47 or 48 hits then running out if guys, getting hit, etc, or getting hit in the final round). Nice to get those out of the way.

As to Zombi's post about Arkham 3, you make good points. Pedestrians could be worked in, and the idea I had was that the setting for Arkham 3 would still be a bad part of town, thereby limiting the number of pedestrians out in the middle of the night in Gotham to maybe only slightly more than the number of political prisoners you had to rescue in Arkham City. Same idea, just more and an expanded approach other than just "beat up bad guy, save innocent". As for Scarecrow, I agree (don't find him interesting), though I have faith Rocksteady will do well with him in the next game. Harley doesn't interest me much either, though the idea of her as a mother is somewhat terrifying. I'm interested to see where they take the whole pregnancy thing.

Also, I do hope more characters are playable in the next game. Batman, Robin, Catwoman, and Nightwing already have their combat engines and character models done. Sure, some tweaking, redesign for costumes, etc will have to be done, but I think it's a good sign we'll see multiple playable characters in the next game. Besides the aforementioned, who'd you also like to see in the game as playable characters?

Story-wise, the next game will probably be influenced by Knightfall. That isn't to say Batman will be paralyzed, just that with the Azrael stuff, the likelihood of a large cast of both villains and supporting characters, and a likely larger scope than even Arkham City like Arkham Asylum before it, I think Knightfall will probably be a likely influence, as no doubt will other seminal Batman stories will be. Also hoping Ras Al Ghul returns. Loved that he masterminded Arkham City, however ludicrous an idea it is ("Escape From New York with Batman" could've been the subtitle of this game).

Personally, I can't wait. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were both very satisfying games in just about every manner conceivable. I just would've like to see Robin and Nightwing story missions that tie into the campaign. The Challenge maps have some story behind them (Robin is tracking Black Mask and Nightwing is defending Wayne Manor against hoodlums), but it would be nice to see these Predator and Challenge maps integrated into story-based missions which parallel the story in AC like the Catwoman campaign missions did. I'm a sucker for this game, what can I say?

I have 5 Physical Challenges left to get all 400 Riddler trophies with Batman. But the 5x variation one is hard to get for me. I keep getting up to 4 at the most.

After that it's just the Challenge maps to complete. I much rather do the AR trainings than try to get all 3 medals. Regardless, they are still fun.

I almost had the 50x combo with Nightwing. Got up to 49x. So close!! :(

I have 5 Physical Challenges left to get all 400 Riddler trophies with Batman. But the 5x variation one is hard to get for me. I keep getting up to 4 at the most.

After that it's just the Challenge maps to complete. I much rather do the AR trainings than try to get all 3 medals. Regardless, they are still fun.

I almost had the 50x combo with Nightwing. Got up to 49x. So close!! :(

I hate that! When I first attempted the 1000 hit combo in God of War 3, I dropped it at like 925. Restarted a couple times and didn't come close, but I eventually got it. You'll get it.

Last edited:
Man, I didn't have any trouble with the 50 hit combo. Hit it pretty regularly now. Once you get the critical hit upgrade it's really easy to achieve. But the one physical challenge I don't have is the whole "gliding over water X height for X length" one. Any advice on how to get that?

For Batman, I need about forty trophies, half of New Game +, one stealth challenge (Really, that second to last one is literally impossible. Not sure I'll ever finish it), and four or so campaigns to defeat. Then about half of Catwoman's stuff and most of Robin's.

Man, I didn't have any trouble with the 50 hit combo. Hit it pretty regularly now. Once you get the critical hit upgrade it's really easy to achieve. But the one physical challenge I don't have is the whole "gliding over water X height for X length" one. Any advice on how to get that?

For this one, use the very large chimney's in the Industrial District (besides Wonder Tower they're the tallest structures in the game). Go to the one or two on the far east side of the map, near the water. Jump off and dive towards the water, pulling up at the last possible second, then glide up slightly (but not too high or you'll break the 5 meter limit) and keep gliding as long as possible for the Challenge. It'll take a few dozen tries to get it just right, but its do-able.

It's just rumours ect... so wont give it, its own thread.
While accepting the award for Best Character at the Spike TV Video Game Awards, the Joker -- from Batman: Arkham City -- was seen holding a script for Batman: Arkham World and made a joke about spoilers. This is far from Rocksteady confirming Batman: Arkham World, so take this with a grain of salt.

From here http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214513p1.html

I think it was joke or whatever as "Arkham World" might be too over the top. BUT I would love a sequel

It's just rumours ect... so wont give it, its own thread.

From here http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214513p1.html

I think it was joke or whatever as "Arkham World" might be too over the top. BUT I would love a sequel

Well, Arkham City was announced only a few months after Asylum was released, I think it was in December, 2009 (and Asylum came out in August or September of 2009 if I recall correctly), so I wouldn't be surprised to get official confirmation from Rocksteady about the next game in the series in the near future. As for it being called Arkham World, while there's an obvious logic and progression for both the titles and story, its just clunky and stupid as a title. We'll see.

This game just deleted my save file...

at 90% completion....

for no apparent reason....

DONE.

That sucks, man. Sorry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back