Batman: Arkham City (spoilers!)

Re: Batman: Arkham City

DID YOU SEE THAT NEW TRAILER

I thought the torture scene was live-action. Those are insanely good graphics.

If The Dark Knight Rises rumours are true, it's going to be a very good two years for
Hugo Strange.

It's online!

Last edited:

Well Project you kind of spoiler that coolest part of the trailer for me. Anyway it does look damn cool. Fall 2011 can't come soon enough.

That's what you get for spoiling Lost!

I fixed it.

PS3 will have exclusives!

Two things about Hugo Strange:

1. I like that he seems to be the main villain so far. I've been reading some of his stories and he's a pretty great villain.

2. Is that Christopher Lee voicing him?

yep.

[video=youtube;wiijcSJaC9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiijcSJaC9Q[/video]

That looks great.

Why is it that no one has been able to make the fight scenes look that good and polished in an actual Batman movie. I realize in the real world a rubber bat suit with a cape probably limits movement, but with computer effects, wire effects, etc, it really shouldn't be that difficult.

I'm not talking Crouching Tiger or the Matrix, but maybe something a bit more novel than the usual fast cut BS that even The Dark Knight's action scenes suffered from.

I used to watch Tony Jaa scenes, pretend it was Bruce Wayne, and hope they would do future Batman movie scenes just like that. Then the first Arkham game came out and that's exactly what it was like, only it was me controlling it. They should still do something like this in a Batman film, but even if they don't, I'm totally satisfied with the games doing it. Especially since they're claiming it's going to be like twice as comprehensive in the sequel.

A couple of new screenshots

1296668524.jpg

Very nice. The designs in these games continue to work because they're original designs for use in a video game, rather than just scanned 3-D models of cartoons or movie actors.

That last picture of Sionis Industries not only suggests that Black Mask might be in the game (which I approve of) but it also just looks awesome and just continues to make me think that the scope of this game is going to be immense.

And yeah, the combat in these games is just the icing on the cake. Playing through those combat challenges made me feel more like Batman than I ever have in my life. I'm still playing them all the time, two years later and I'm still only gradually getting better at them. The fact that there's this huge game with loads more to do, beyond all of that remains mind-boggling.

This game is looking like The Dark Knight to the first game's Batman Begins.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back