Batman: Arkham City (spoilers!)

Re: Batman: Arkham City

I replayed the first one over yesterday and today in 'Hard' mode for the first time. The only real difference is that the "spider-sense" doesn't flash over the enemies' heads as they are about to hit you. If you're as well-versed with the combat system from hours of non-stop play in the combat challenges as I am, though, you barely even notice. The only other thing is that they're considerably smarter in the stealth assault sections as well.

It's such an awesome game.

I replayed the first one over yesterday and today in 'Hard' mode for the first time. The only real difference is that the "spider-sense" doesn't flash over the enemies' heads as they are about to hit you. If you're as well-versed with the combat system from hours of non-stop play in the combat challenges as I am, though, you barely even notice. The only other thing is that they're considerably smarter in the stealth assault sections as well.

It's such an awesome game.
Well, the villains are tougher and health regenerates less.
Maybe not the bat mobile, but I think the cycle would be sick.

I was just thinking that the batmobile would be too bulky, but this would be awesome

Seconded, unless you can take the Batwing to a certain altitude then eject and free fall to the streets.

Ugh.

I loaded my new save where I was playing the game through in 'Hard' and it told me that it was now a 'Corrupt Save' and I had to delete it. This ever happen to anyone else?

Luckily I was just about finished the story mode anyway, but this pissed me off.

Also, while I'd thoroughly endorse the prospect of having every Bat-vehicle in the new game (particularly the underground railway, the plane, the car and maybe the bike), I also don't want them to have to dilute anything from the last game in order to include them.

So if we can't have any vehicles in order for this game to remain awesome, so be it.

some of those things seem a little over the top/unrealistic (balancing on wires). This game should be basically like Splinter Cell, except with Batman, supervillian bosses, and no guns.

some of those things seem a little over the top/unrealistic (balancing on wires). This game should be basically like Splinter Cell, except with Batman, supervillian bosses, and no guns.

But where do you draw the line? Because like Croc, Clayface, Ivy, Ra's are all completely over the top and unrealistic.

People can balance on wires in real life....

"Splinter Cell but with Batman" is how I described my ideal Batman videogame for years. In fact, "Splinter Cell in Arkham with Batman and the B:TAS voice cast, written by Paul Dini" was the full description I would give(seriously). They knocked that so far out of the park that I am confident they'll be able to expand their methods to a larger Gotham setting just as well.

For my money, everything they were talking in that article about sounds like this game will continue and likely expand upon their tradition of glorious, unbridled sanity, give me what I want out of a Batman experience to an astonishing degree once again, and just generally satisfying in virtually every way we could've realistically hoped. I cannot wait to roam the rooftops freely as Batman.

"Tango down THIS... *****es"

I swear to the video game gods, that's some pretty amazing ****.

I'm guessing Sharp or Strange sends the hired mercenaries into Arkham City after Batman and you have to prevent them from killing the inmates.

There's a full trailer being released on the 11th.

I love how the teaser tricks you thinking its a Splinter Cell trailer than BAM! The God damn Batman.

And I hate it's still a year before this comes out.
There's a full trailer being released on the 11th.
YES!

Latest posts

Back