Batman: Arkham City (spoilers!)

Re: Batman: Arkham City

Yeah, Rocksteady has said, there's a bit of story where Catwoman has to take over the investigation.

Yeah, I understand now. I just misunderstood the approach, since I hadn't read the article.

Yeah, Nintendo's finally going to be caught up to this generation, then fall behind in 2013-14 when the 8th gen stuff starts getting announced

I feel like I'm the only person who's not completely bowled over by the Wii-U details. I'm kind of "meh" about the whole thing.

Apparently Robin is a Best Buy exclusive.

Colour me intrigued.

He's only available for challenge maps though.

I am very okay with this. I wouldn't want him to be in the actual story.

I don't mind pre-order exclusives. I just hope it isn't console exclusive (now those I hate). And I hope I can find out what store it's exclusive to, over here.

This, Breaking Bad S4 and The Adventures of Tintin are basically the only reasons I have to live this year.

I know right?

October is a really awkward time to be playing video games for me. By that time I hope to be working and earning money. Not sitting around wasting time.

July/August is the only time of year I can really enjoy playing videogames.

Last edited:

262308_10150653930845447_860660446_19209104_8382477_n.jpg

That's really cool. I was sure they were just going to go with a safe design more or less along the lines of what Tim Drake originally looked like. I'm really glad they went with this ballsy redesign. We need to see what the colours are going to be, though.

And I still hope he's only in the challenge maps.

EDIT: A whole bunch of comments on SuperHeroHype are saying stuff like "Crap, it's the Chris O'Donnell one." I actually like how much he looks like Chris O'Donnell from Batman Forever.

Last edited:

yeah I don't by the brush cut for Tim, maybe Damien or Jason,but not Tim, also IMO Robin shouldn't be so morose looking but it's a great look, I hope this is released as regular Dlc later, or if not I reaally hope they finish building the Best Buy here in Kelowna soon

I recently played ARKHAM ASYLUM for frickin' hours (and stopped when I got past Bane) and while it was fantastic, the one thing I never liked was the design. I think the gothic-steampunk serial-killer vibe is horrendous, and the Robin we see here is just a continuation of a theme I hated from the start.

But it's a superb game.

I recently played ARKHAM ASYLUM for frickin' hours (and stopped when I got past Bane) and while it was fantastic, the one thing I never liked was the design. I think the gothic-steampunk serial-killer vibe is horrendous, and the Robin we see here is just a continuation of a theme I hated from the start.

But it's a superb game.

You do realize its set in Arkham Asylum, right? I think the design worked very well. Seeing as how Gotham itself is supposed to carry a pronounced gothic look, utilizing that with a shot of crazy to the arm for Arkham just seems to make sense. I'll have to play it again to remind myself of the steampunk elements, though, as I can't remember that at all.

Bane, for example, is very steam-punky. I do understand why they chose to do what they did, but I think it's needlessly "edge-y". I really don't like it at all. Not even the Nolan movies are that gritty and repugnant.

But I don't want to dwell on the one thing I didn't like. Everything else about the game is tip top.

I never got any steam-punk vibe (nor gothic, but I can sort of see that now), but it might just me.

Bane, for example, is very steam-punky. I do understand why they chose to do what they did, but I think it's needlessly "edge-y". I really don't like it at all. Not even the Nolan movies are that gritty and repugnant.

Eh, I see what you're saying, but I guess I just feel like it had its place in the game, given the setting, tone, and otherwise dark nature of it. There were a few design choices I personally would've done differently (Harley Quinn in particular), but the overwhelming awesomeness of the other aspects of the game make them almost a moot point. Well, the ending was kind of cliched and boring, but again, in comparison to the entirety of the game, its a small thing and easily overlooked.

I never got any steam-punk vibe (nor gothic, but I can sort of see that now), but it might just me.

Its always just you...

...and me. :oops:

262308_10150653930845447_860660446_19209104_8382477_n.jpg

That's really cool. I was sure they were just going to go with a safe design more or less along the lines of what Tim Drake originally looked like. I'm really glad they went with this ballsy redesign. We need to see what the colours are going to be, though.

And I still hope he's only in the challenge maps.

EDIT: A whole bunch of comments on SuperHeroHype are saying stuff like "Crap, it's the Chris O'Donnell one." I actually like how much he looks like Chris O'Donnell from Batman Forever.

Awesome, I love that their going with Tim Drake, and the design is pretty cool, but I agree the hair just doesn't fit.

A lot of the designs in the Arkham games are needlessly overblown and fan-arty in their execution. Bane, Penguin and Harley Quinn are fine examples. They also don't really take many risks and are quite safe in their design features (Poison Ivy, Two-Face, etc)

I really do like the designs for Batman, Robin and the Joker though.

Latest posts

Back