Batman: Arkham City (spoilers!)

I'd go with Walmart, if your copy of Asylum is busted.

Makes sense. Since I'll own City, I probably won't go back and play Asylum again, but I might, for nostalgia's sake and I can always loan it out to friends.

Are there any save data bonuses that carry over to the second?

-.-

I accidentally beat it. I was so focused, that I wound up in the last fight with
Clayface and Joker
. Now I'm going back to get a 100% complete, I may start over.

I did the same thing last night. Though once we beat it, can't we still roam around the city picking up Riddler Trophys and doing the side missions, or are those locked out once you beat it? Arkham Asylum let you go back and collect everything left undone after beating it, so I assumed AC would do the same.

(Your post made it seem like beating it prevented you from achieving the 100% in some way, thats why I ask.)

Also, this game is awesome. Not only the gameplay and combat, but loved the story. There are TONS of hints to whats really going on along the way, cleverly disguised as character motivations/missions. Loved the fact
Ra's Al Ghul
was behind manipulating Strange into creating Arkham City, and loved how the
Clayface as Joker thing
was alluded to by J's henchman.

The pace of the game is great, too. From the very beginning the story just starts rolling along at full steam, picking up tension and layers the farther you play. The ending, and the entire story of the game, were a noticeable step up from Asylum.

Can't wait for the next one... especially since it seems
Azrael will play a role: Knightfall anyone?

I got Best Buy because I had a gift card and you didn't have to preorder to get Robin. I'd recommend it because Robin is far and away my favorite character in challenge maps.

Edit: Also you get to play the game after the ending and collect all the side quests with the added bonus of being able to switch between Catwoman at will.

Last edited:
You mean the tease where they suggest
Deadpool's in it!?!?

Yeah. I lost control of my bladder.

No... I'm talking about the
positive pregnancy test
. And then you can hear Harley singing:

Shhh... There, There. Hush little baby. Don't say a word. momma's gonna kill for you the whole damn world...

Last edited:
Sooo I think mine might be broken, I can't find Deadshot's third body, or any other places with the mysterious watcher (I only found him across from the courthouse).

Also, how do you put pressure on Riddler's trophy puzzle plates?

Iceshadow said:
Sooo I think mine might be broken, I can't find Deadshot's third body, or any other places with the mysterious watcher (I only found him across from the courthouse).

I'm still working on the Deadshot missions, so can't help there. But I finished the Mysterious Watcher missions no problem. You have to keep an eye out for him, I believe he shows up usually after you complete a "main story" mission. Check online for maps or guides for his locations, I know at least that part isn't broken. I know another place the Watcher is is on the very top of the ferris wheel by Joker's Steel Mill.

Also, how do you put pressure on Riddler's trophy puzzle plates?

Not sure either, tonight I start searching for all the Riddler trophies.

The only ones I'm having trouble with are the AR Training (It's so hard!) and the serial killer
Hush
missions. I even found another one of his victims but it won't let me scan the area or even mentions that its another one of his victims.

The
Azrael
parts were awesome teasers for the next game but I've yet to find the Harley hint.

Also: Did anyone else think that some of the more fantastical fights like with Ra's, Mad Hatter and
Clayface
act as testing grounds for Rocksteady to do a fantastical superhero game like Superman or Wonder Woman? I think those boss battles and Batman's upgraded gliding system proved they could do games for those characters justice.

The only ones I'm having trouble with are the AR Training (It's so hard!) and the serial killer
Hush
missions. I even found another one of his victims but it won't let me scan the area or even mentions that its another one of his victims.

The
Azrael
parts were awesome teasers for the next game but I've yet to find the Harley hint.

Also: Did anyone else think that some of the more fantastical fights like with Ra's, Mad Hatter and
Clayface
act as testing grounds for Rocksteady to do a fantastical superhero game like Superman or Wonder Woman? I think those boss battles and Batman's upgraded gliding system proved they could do games for those characters justice.

That's actually a very interesting thought. We do know that they're doing another DC game in the future. (My guess is Superman or the Flash.)

Also, am I the only one who loves that the final boss fight takes place
in the theatre where Bruce and his parents saw Zorro
?

That's actually a very interesting thought. We do know that they're doing another DC game in the future. (My guess is Superman or the Flash.)

Also, am I the only one who loves that the final boss fight takes place
in the theatre where Bruce and his parents saw Zorro
?

The art designer of Arkham is on DA, and he's shown some more interesting designs for both Arkham, as well as other future Rocksteady games. Sadly, some of the non-Batman stuff got pulled with no word on why.

One of the early Harleys

harley_arkhamcity_final_pass_by_chuckdee-d4bvbpj.jpg

The art designer of Arkham is on DA, and he's shown some more interesting designs for both Arkham, as well as other future Rocksteady games. Sadly, some of the non-Batman stuff got pulled with no word on why.

Hopefully because they don't want leaked information from upcoming games to supersede their official PR announcements.

Any juicy details on what was posted then pulled?

Last edited:
Hopefully because they don't want leaked information from upcoming games to supersede their official PR announcements.

Any juicy details on what was posted then pulled?

There was a Brainiac and Jimmy Olson

I wouldn't be surprised if they release a Superman game to coincide with The Man of Steel.

Latest posts

Back