Batman: Gotham Knight DTV Discussion *Spoilers*

See, the problem is, I saw it, like, a week ago, and it wasn't memorable enough for me to even remember enough about it to make arguing points.

Maybe I'll enjoy it more the second time I watch it.

It's cool if you don't like it. I don't understand the mentality that EVERYTHING must be liked by everyone. I mean, I loathe all things Whedon and Dini, so I'd be a hypocrite for badmouthing for not enjoying Gotham Knight.

It's cool if you don't like it. I don't understand the mentality that EVERYTHING must be liked by everyone. I mean, I loathe all things Whedon and Dini, so I'd be a hypocrite for badmouthing for not enjoying Gotham Knight.

Yeah, well. I think the fact that I can't remember much about it except the stupid looking Manbat and chicken-head Batman (heh) says something. I'll admit, I liked the last few, as the plot started to build together and the stories got good. The last three, or maybe four, or maybe two, were pretty good. But most of the stuff before it was pretty mediocre and unmemorable.

Last edited:
So I finally got this and I have to say I loved it, a really great interruptions

Have I Got A Story For You

This was definitely the worst, I still enjoyed it, it was fun and had some interesting takes. I love Bat's last line "Good job Kid, I owe you one" It's like I haven't heard Conroy in years and the was the perfect line for him to say.

Crossfire

This one was alright, it was cool to have that debate with the cops and the idea of the narrows being declared grounds of the asylum was a cool idea.

Field Test

I was pretty impressed with this one, before I thought a blend of a modern anime show and Batman would be disastrous but they pulled it off here. The dialog was perfect, specially the exchange between Bruce and Lucas.

In Darkness Dwells

My favorite, it had some really great action and classic Batman feel to it. At times I didn't like the style but it was still great. And the music was absolutely fantastic.

Working Through the Pain

This was a good one, I loved the story, just a pretty brilliant short. As Skotti pointed out the last scene with Batman saying "I can't" was perfect. It really showed how he can't let go and has to work through the pain.

DeadShot

This one was great as well. Though Batman's chin in the beginning was unreal. A cool fight.

What I love most is how each story had very subtle connections and that almost all loose ends where tied. I was expecting the idea of it taking place between the movies to end up horribly but the nolan verse really helped defined a story for all of them. It all worked out really well. And I want more.

I watched this immediately after buying it in July, and wasn't that impressed with it. Admittedly I was stoned beyond belief and probably wasn't processing it. I watched it a second time last week (in between Begins and TDK...it was a marathon ;) ), and it was MUCH better on the second viewing. I'm convinced watching it sober made it better (which is rare), though part of it could be the close attention paid to continuity (in reference events in Begins) without relying on it heavily.

I liked it. A lot. I'd like to see another of these animated movies done as an interquel between TDK and a future Nolan Batman movie.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back